Thread: 8'Fortec

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Just an update on how the 6' mesh install went. I'm receiving about 10% less signal quality on the ku side which is normal in comparison to a solid dish. Most c band sats scan in but only the strong tp have enough signal quality to watch the channels and of course no s2. I have a bsc621-2 universal lnbf as my feed but I'm not too happy with it. I'm going to swap it out with my neighbours wsi 741 c/ku lnbf and see if I can improve signal quality. Im trying to hunt down a geosat ck1 lnbf as I've always had more success with their lnbfs. My new arc is 30-129w as I put the actuator on the right side(only up to 101w on the left side). The 8' solid is arriving on Wednesday but I'll leave that install for Spring with a new pole and more of a seperation from my 10' bud.

2. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Another update on the 6' mesh install. I tried my neighbour's wsi741 but it turned out to be even worse then the bsc621 so I slapped that one back on. After a couple of hours, changing my elevation on my south sat at 74w and my east at 30w and my west at 125w- we achieved success. My ku side is even stronger then on the 6' solid and I'm scanning in about 80% of all c band tp as well. I ordered the new ESX741 c/ku lnbf but it hasn't reached market yet- 1 to 2 months. My 8' solid will be arriving tomorrow and will be my Spring project- new pole and all.
    Now that I've basically saved all sat positions and know the dish is doing well, I'm going to reset my limits on the positioner and start doing some intense scanning to see what c band sats I can get on the Atlantic side. I will also be posting the signal quality comparison to my previous post on the azbox.

3. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Just got the 8' Fortec Star solid delivered today. Man oh man is it heavy, it'll take at least 3 or 4 of us to get it on the pole. Too late this year, Spring project with a new pole.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    With the help of my neighbour we got the polar mount all setup, just need mother nature to warm things up for new install. Also considering my pole isn't plumb I'll be installing a new pole:

5. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Got a bit bored this afternoon so I decided to start digging. I'm at 2' at the moment and enough for today. I'm going to rent some kind of post digging tool tomorrow and finish this one off. First 2' are always the easiest, I hope I don't hit any big rocks the next 2' down.

6. Likes rrob311 liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear you got it started, bud. Hopefully the rest of the digging goes well.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    Got a bit bored this afternoon so I decided to start digging. I'm at 2' at the moment and enough for today. I'm going to rent some kind of post digging tool tomorrow and finish this one off. First 2' are always the easiest, I hope I don't hit any big rocks the next 2' down.
    Just rent a cheap clam digger for a few hours, they work great..if you rent the motorized auger and hit a rock you will go for a ride.....lol

Don't work to hard bro....

click click b00m

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never thought to mention, Costa, I own a 12", 3 point hitch post hole auger if you have access to a tractor that can handle it.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

10. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ViP3R View Post
    Just rent a cheap clam digger for a few hours, they work great..if you rent the motorized auger and hit a rock you will go for a ride.....lol

Don't work to hard bro....

THanks, what do you mean by a clam digger?

Quote Originally Posted by easily confused View Post
    Never thought to mention, Costa, I own a 12", 3 point hitch post hole auger if you have access to a tractor that can handle it.
    Thanks for the offer bud but I have fencing all around my house that doesn't allow for access of anything wider then 3'.

11. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Finally got it done, I'm really tired right now. I hit a couple of big rocks at about 2 1/2' which took some time to remove. Relief after 3' when I think I hit some crushed stone and some of the builders original stone. I would have gone to 4 1/2' but my pole digger was only 4'. I'm at about 3' 10" which will do fine. Picking up the concrete on Monday and the pole on Wednesday- should have this puppy installed and scanning by the first week of April.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast