Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    Extra fine tuning this weekend will have it complete and should be doing most of the arc at 99% signal quality. Since I had minimal success with universal lnb I'll stick to the invacom twh-031 or the dms jsc322-2.
    Can't wait to see the photos of the results of this test...............

2. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Not only photos Turbo but also a comparison to see how much better this dish is then to the commercial DH dish I was using before.

3. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Spent the better part of 4 hours doing the final tune to the 8' solid. All sats on my arc, using a pansat 3500 outdoors, now scan in at 99% signal quality with the exception of SatMex 6 which scans in at 87%. I finally decided on the dms jsc322-2 universal lnb since its protective cover will keep the connections protected.

4. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Final pictures of this instalL:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    my wife would so kill me , but damm im tempted....

6. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sadass View Post
    my wife would so kill me , but damm im tempted....
    Just need a bit of room.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't happy with the ku band results I was getting with my 8' Fortec solid so I installed a 4' offset dish for ku with much better results. I've decided to use the 8' dish to concentrate on the circular sats on the Atlantic side of the arc. I switched out the invacom lnbf for a dmx 741 lnbf today and got some decent results on the circular sats. Unfortunately, mother nature rained me out so I still need to do a bit of skewing to raise signal quality. I'll also have to adjust the actuator arm so as to get the dish lower to 5w. I haven't scanned in Eutelsat 5w yet but will give it a shot once my dish is at optimum signal quality. I have the arc fully covered from 11w-139w on all linear and circular c band sats.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't get a chance to skew the lnbf today but I did adjust the actuator so as to be able to drive further east. Unfortunately, the dish is being blocked by a neighbours house and there will be no way for me to scan in 5w. I did manage to pull in the Russian tp on Express AM44 at 11w. I am now saving all Atlantic satellite positions in my positioners memory from 11-61w. I will probably go onto the American side later on but do not expect the greatest of results with the dilectric plate being inserted.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got a chance to fine tune the dish and properly skew the lnbf yesterday. All circular sats from 11w are scanning in and most linear as well and a bit of ku band. On the ku side of this lnbf I'm having an issue as only vertical tp are scanning in, no signal on horizontal. This completes my arc as all sats scan in from 11-127w, all I need to do is adjust the motor for my 10' bud so as to drive it to 139w.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456