Thread: 8'Fortec

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    8'Fortec
    Guest Guest
    I've been using a commercial 6' DH solid for ku band for over 4 1/2 years with less then adequate results. I've seen people posting better signal quality while using a 39" dish. From the start I had to modify the lnb bracket holder and the tread on 2 of the 3 arms snapped off. I have changed about 10 feeds in an attempt at improving signal quality but to no avail. Finally, I spent 3 hours the other day skewing and tweaking and finally have decided to give up on this dish. My sat bud in Montreal just happens to have an 8' fortec brand new in the box and I bought it today. I'll take a truck home with me next week and hopefully have it installed by next weekend with the help of my ever sat knowledgable neighbour. This dish has 2 coax coming into my basement and I've decided to slap on a ku/c band lnbf and will post results in comparison to my DH dish.

I will post my signal quality on my azbox on all ku sats on my band as is; manhattan and openbox signal quality meters are a bit suspect and unreliable. Keep in mind that the signal quality on an azbox receiver is usually about 10% less then most fta receivers. Can't wait to see the results. Here's a picture of the dish:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Costa, looking forward to see the results with this..

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    I can't wait to finally get a dish which is going to show me the signal quality that it should. Just as a comparison I'm going to document my signal quality on all ku sats and would like to hear from others as to what sq they are getting.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    No problem Costa, once your setup I'd be happy to post my signal Q from my 39" dish to compare.

click click b00m

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER View Post
    No problem Costa, once your setup I'd be happy to post my signal Q from my 39" dish to compare.
    Same here for the sats that we both get
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

6. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    And down she came:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now, what are you going to do with it ?

click click b00m

8. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    I'm going to give it to my satguy where I'm picking up the 8' fortec, lower the cost some what.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good stuff.. Nice that you have the existing pole to mount the new one. should be a pretty easy setup..what kind of motor are you using with it ?

click click b00m

10. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    My neighbour helped in the refurbishing of a VonWeise actuator, it'll take the place of the venture I was using.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast