I've been using a commercial 6' DH solid for ku band for over 4 1/2 years with less then adequate results. I've seen people posting better signal quality while using a 39" dish. From the start I had to modify the lnb bracket holder and the tread on 2 of the 3 arms snapped off. I have changed about 10 feeds in an attempt at improving signal quality but to no avail. Finally, I spent 3 hours the other day skewing and tweaking and finally have decided to give up on this dish. My sat bud in Montreal just happens to have an 8' fortec brand new in the box and I bought it today. I'll take a truck home with me next week and hopefully have it installed by next weekend with the help of my ever sat knowledgable neighbour. This dish has 2 coax coming into my basement and I've decided to slap on a ku/c band lnbf and will post results in comparison to my DH dish.

I will post my signal quality on my azbox on all ku sats on my band as is; manhattan and openbox signal quality meters are a bit suspect and unreliable. Keep in mind that the signal quality on an azbox receiver is usually about 10% less then most fta receivers. Can't wait to see the results. Here's a picture of the dish:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]