Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Pansat 9500HDX Warning
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    The Pansat 9500HDX is a great receiver but I have found a couple of things that I would like to warn people about.

1. The Pansant 9500HDX Will Accept Bogus Firmware
    The 8-2011 firmware will allow you to load an .ABS firmware file from another into your Pansat through the usb port.
    If you load Openbox firmware into your Pansat through the USB port, the receiver will become unusable. It may be recovered by loading the correct file through the RS232 port.
    I suggest not putting any other receiver firmware on your usb drives or other hard drives that you will use with your Pansat. Doing this will ensure that the wrong firmware does not get loaded into your receiver.

2. Openbox Channel Editors Do Not Work Correctly With the Pansat 9500HDX
    I decided to take a shortcut and transfer all of my scanned Openbox channels into the Pansat 9500HDX. This caused the Pansat to become stuck in a Boot Loop, but I was able to recover it by loading a file through the RS232 port.
    The Pansat 9500HDX seems to have a slightly different channel design than the Openbox so the free Openbox channel editors do not work correctly with the Pansat. I have only one channel editor that works correctly with the Pansat and it is not free!!!

Hopefully these tidbits of information will keep somebody from having to return their receiver for repair. EB

2. Thanks akifaga thanked for this post
    Likes akifaga liked this post
    Kiss My Ass akifaga You Kissed My Ass for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks el, This just makes any argument that much stronger why ALL FTA Receivers SHOULD have an RS232 port.

click click b00m

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, The RS232 is a dinosaur that works. These ports went out of style over a decade ago but they are still in use and they work very well where high data speed is not an issue.
    The usb port should be maximized. There are a lot of things that could be done with the usb port. I would expect everything that can be done through the RS232 and more could be done through the usb port.
    And I agree. No fta receiver should not have a rs232 port unless it has a Proven usb port that functions as good or better than a RS232 port. EB

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with USB el is that it is dependent on having some type of drivers being loaded up in order to interface with the port. If your receiver is in a state where it can't load up it's own O/S it also won't load up the drivers required for the USB. RS232 doesn't have those limitations.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I read that some pansats had recovery through USB port.. Either way a good habit is to just transfer the one file you are loading on the USB Stick when flashing any box to be sure no mix ups occur.

click click b00m

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    the m3602 processor actually has code to keep the rs232 port working,even if the flash is all garbage in the bootloader section.For disaster recovery I recommend the m3602 loader v2.0.0c.
    The pansat channel/sat list is bigger than the openbox,that is why it acts funny.
    Loader v2.0.0f will let you save individual chunks of flash to pc via rs232.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that firmware still around?
    the link was dead.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What firmware are you referring to?

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    What firmware are you referring to?
    aug 8 2011