1. Collapse Details
    Openbox S-9 v.s. S-10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Just wondering if anyone here has both an S9 and an S10 and if so how they compare. It appears that my good old CS8000 has bid a farewell as it will no longer power up and I am going to be looking to replace it in the near future. I have a few things I am not thrilled about with the S9 but most are not unbearable. For starters, I have to keep resetting the date and time as the darn thing keeps reverting to 01/01/2008, Secondly, I have been having an issue, lately, where when I hit the record button, it doesn't record but a bar shows up along the bottom of the screen. As well, if anyone is using another receiver (affordable please) that does what the OpenBox does, I'd like to know about it. AZBox would be great for 4:2:2, but is too pricey for my wallet.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    EC, The time on the openbox has always been an issue, when you turn off the box the clock needs reset, they might figure it out one day, I don't do much recording but have not had the issue you describe as yet. you could try setting the timers in the menu to see if it will record that way... the S9 and S10 are pretty much the same, I have had both and prefer the S9.

One of the main things is the S10 only has HDMI and Composite, the S9 has those outputs plus Component.
    The HDMI outputs can fail on these cheap boxes after a year, Mine failed after a year and I know one of el bandido's S9 HDMI outputs also failed.

So if the S10 HDMI fails you have no HD anymore, with the S9 at least you can switch to Component and still have HD.

So for me the best option would be the S9..there are no other HD boxes as affordable right now as the openbox as far as I know.

Maybe el can chime in and give you his opinion here as well.

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    I don't have an s 10 but decided to put my 2 cents in as well. I have 4 hd receivers and my favourite is the s 9, azbox is nice but blind scan takes forever and channel change also takes forever. I would say that the s 9 does about 90% of my fta work.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a S9, S10, Manhattan RS-1933, and a Pansat 9500HDX. I guess you could say that I have the Ali3602 collection.
    IMO, For the money, the S9 is the best buy. The S10 is in a smaller package and it runs hot when compared to a S9. And the clock does not work on the S9. If the non-working clock is not an issue, get a S9.