1. Collapse Details
    Openbox S10 Questions
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I was going to hook up my OpenBox S10 the other day and to my discovery there is no manual and the cord end is European? . . . ? I found a manual online for the S10(have not yet read).

1. Looking at the back of the S10 the voltage states 100-250V, so am I to assume that all that is needed, is a European to North American adapter?
    2. In the specs the S10 states it will handle DiSEqC and 22K switching. Will it handle Legacy(SW21) switching?
    3. As this is a European box, will I need some firmware updated with NA sat info, or any other files?
    4. Will I have trouble outputting sound for AC3 dolby channels via the RCA(Red/White) as this box does not have a S/PDIF output only HDMI? I ask because I do not have a A/V receiver that handles HDMI.
    5. Anything else that is important that I left out, please let me know?

Thanks in advance!

WillDekkard

Until I get an adapter for the power cord, I can not play with the settings of this box - lol.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    See if this helps....[Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

At the bottom it also says to specify when ordering weather you need a european or north american plug..... As far as the other specs, they are listed. As far as the adapter goes.... check these out...
    Enercell™ Universal Grounded Adapter Plug - Foreign to U.S. - RadioShack.com

Hope this helps. Have a great day!

Note: I also found this..... "Video and audio output is simple now: HDMI or composite (analog 480i) output. There is no component (Y/Cb/Cr) outputs. There is also no S/PDIF output. Dolby/AC-3 is either thru HDMI or thru the RCA red & white jacks."

I also found that the sound you want is only through the HDMI as far as getting true dolby sound. It does appear however that the box will decode the ac3 and still send it through the red/white rca plugs

Looking around I have seen a couple of pics of the rear. A pic of yours would help to identify exactly what you have. I have seen scart connections, No scart connections.
    I unfortunatly don't have an openbox. looking around however that is what I was able to find.
    Last edited by stone1150; 07-13-2011 at 04:47 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It will also pass ac3 straight through from the box to the TV VIA HDMI.

NA Sat file with CW channels included courtesy of el bandido are posted here.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

click click b00m

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Either an adapter or cut and replace the plug.
    2. No. It will not handle a SW21.
    3. We have NA updates here. All you need to do is update the satellite file(.dbs).
    4. AC3 audio Is transmitted through the RCA cables.
    5. Let us know if you need anything else. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all of you for your helpful information. Unfortunate that it won't handle SW21 switch, oh well, I'll just have to modify the switches to that feed for the S10.