Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    We need to know what kind of lnb you have.
    You need to be using the correct antenna settings for your lnb or you will get nothing.
    You need to look for a signal on a transponder that actually has a signal. Some transponders are dead. If you are looking for a signal on a dead transponder, you will have big problems finding the satellite!!!
    It should get easier after you catch your first bird. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Collapse Details
    Bellboy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellboy View Post
    Ok I need some help on the install of this dish. I do want to add a motor in the future.
    hotdish90 offset dish, Standard ku lnbf. openbox S10
    for starters.
    How long of a pole do I need? I do know that pole must be leveled.

Thanks for the help in advance.
    First post Bro lol, Well it stopped raining so I went back outside but I took the old Pansat 2500. As soon as I hook it up I started to get single. so I went tru the sat list & pick the strongest one with single & quality. It was satmex5, so I played with the dish & got 88% single & 45 quality. I then did a scan for the hell of it. It was getting late.

I pulled in 6 channels they were Chinese. So I am at 116.8w & now have a starting point. Will mess with it tomorrow, I'm glad I got something. LOL

THe ? I have is on the lnb & the mount have numbers do I set this to zero & what does this do? Its the lnb skew.
    Thanks El
    Last edited by Bellboy; 07-13-2011 at 07:31 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adjust the lnb skew for maximum signal strength. Dishpointer.com tells you how many degrees of skew you need for a certain satellite. A satellite that is directly South of you should have 0 degrees of lnb skew.

Out of curiosity, What transponder frequency did you find the 116.8 Chinese channels on???
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Bellboy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Adjust the lnb skew for maximum signal strength. Dishpointer.com tells you how many degrees of skew you need for a certain satellite. A satellite that is directly South of you should have 0 degrees of lnb skew.

Out of curiosity, What transponder frequency did you find the 116.8 Chinese channels on???

I was going to check the transponder but it was getting late & the bugs were hitting me good lol. I will check it in the morning & adjust the skew. I want to make sure I'm on the right sat.

Thanks

5. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Those Chinese channels are on Satmex 6 at 113w. That's the only ku tp I pick up on that sat.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice, glad you see you are getting somewhere now Bellboy. The Pansat does have a better signal meter, so I would stick with that until you have found the sats you want, then switch over to the openbox so you can scan in any available DVBS2 and HD channels.

I belive you are using a Standard so as el said should be 10750 MHz LO frequency.

click click b00m

7. Collapse Details
    Bellboy Guest
    Ok this what I am getting.

TP 12080H 25.634
    Channels- Da-A1, cctv4$, Hwazan, MacTV, BVN-TV, Reuters wns$

Thanks costa will take a look at that sat. Yep satmex6
    Last edited by Bellboy; 07-14-2011 at 10:38 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellboy View Post
    Ok this what I am getting.

TP 12080H 25.634
    Channels- Da-A1, cctv4$, Hwazan, MacTV, BVN-TV, Reuters wns$

Thanks costa will take a look at that sat. Yep satmex6
    Your are on 113 satmex6 for sure. So at least you know what direction to move the dish now, if your going for 101W, Go to the menu page of 101W AND TP 12119 V 30000 then move the dish east till you see a good signal, that is a strong transponder. Not sure if your using a motor so you may have to go to dishpointer and find the correct elevation for 101w.

click click b00m

9. Collapse Details
    Bellboy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER View Post
    Your are on 113 satmex6 for sure. So at least you know what direction to move the dish now, if your going for 101W, Go to the menu page of 101W AND TP 12119 V 30000 then move the dish east till you see a good signal, that is a strong transponder. Not sure if your using a motor so you may have to go to dishpointer and find the correct elevation for 101w.
    No motor yet, Thanks for the info will do. Got the info for 101w. back outside lol

10. Collapse Details
    Bellboy Guest
    I got 101w. I'm getting 76 channels. I'm going to adjust some more for max single. If things go well this will be the site for my pole.
    by the way Viper didn't have TP 12119 V 30000, I used TP 12120 used S10
    Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Bellboy; 07-14-2011 at 11:47 AM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast