Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Discuss this Topic here.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This file allows the S10 users to have the same menus and features that are found on the S9. We figured sooner or later they would make a file that works for both receivers.

Thanks el,

I loaded this file on the S10 and indeed it does change the menu to S9 style..

On my set up there are a few problems..

The power button..once pressed the box will still stay on whatever screen you were on, the front display will go blank and no response from the remote until you do a hard boot.

Also in the menu settings my antenna options and scan options are grayed out, so no way to do a sat scan.

I reverted back to the older S10 file to get these option back..

This S10 is a much weaker stb, I would recommend staying with the S9.

It has a much weaker tuner than the S9 or the SW for it needs fixed badly..My S9 will pick up ktel at 79w ku no problems the S10 will not even look at it.

It misses numerous TP's that the S9 will scan in easy...and it scans painfully slow.

My Manhattan is a joy compared to the S10...

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also in the menu settings my antenna options and scan options are grayed out, so no way to do a sat scan.
    In the receiver menu, Did you go to the satellite list and put a check mark beside the satellite before you did anything else? This has to be done first.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    In the receiver menu, Did you go to the satellite list and put a check mark beside the satellite before you did anything else? This has to be done first.
    I loaded my sat list..from my previous settings, so yes they were all there and checked.

click click b00m

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try it on the S10 without the list and see what happens. I did not load a list because I wanted to see how it scanned.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "My Manhattan is a joy compared to the S10..."

Viper, how does your Manhattan compare to the S9. I have an S9 so would be interested in your comparison .
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easily confused View Post
    "My Manhattan is a joy compared to the S10..."

Viper, how does your Manhattan compare to the S9. I have an S9 so would be interested in your comparison .
    Well, I don't want to make a habit of off topic posts,, but since I brought it up.. lol

I posted a somewhat of a comparison in the Manhattan discussion area a while back.

This was before they added PID entry through remote rather than fumbling around with the editor..

The Manhattan is better built and has superior hardware than the openbox and will last much longer, picture Q on both SD and HD are very, very nice, I believe the SD surpasses the openbox easily and HD is possibly better as well.

Scanning speeds are just as fast or better than the openbox s9, it blows the s10 away on scanning and accuracy. And this was with the beta unit with less memory.. The production unit will have double the memory and upgraded software with new LNB settings that none other has.

The Manhattan engineer is also in the USA and has been very good taking our suggestion and implementing them in the box.We have a direct line to advise the engineer and the hardware tech on possible improvements, we don't have to go hunting for files from Chinese websites or other questionable forums.

There also maybe a big bonus in the production unit,we will see once it arrives.

Support alone and the addition of PID entry should make this a hit in my opinion.

Hope I answered what you were looking for.

Oh and anyone who say's this is some sort of openbox knock off has no Idea what there talking about.

click click b00m

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    And we aren't convicted meth heads.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Try it on the S10 without the list and see what happens. I did not load a list because I wanted to see how it scanned.
    That got the scan menu back..Just scanned 72w ku 8 minutes and missed a tp, did the same on the s9 picked up the missing tp and scanned in 2 minutes.

The only good thing is the remote, changed the v format button to the bottom where you can't press it by accident..I use the remote for the s9 now.

click click b00m

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    And we aren't convicted meth heads.
    That reminds me I gotta go to the fridge and get a cold beer.

click click b00m

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast