Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    ESX242 Dual Twin Lnbf
    Guest Guest
    I just ordered me the new ESX242 lnbf, can't wait to see how its performance will be on my 10' bud dedicated to c band. This lnbf will replace my geosatpro c 2 lnbf currently on my bud. It's a quad lnbf so it also does L + R circular for Atlantic sats.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me know how this works out. I have been considering this LNBF but I have held off until I heard more about it..

Thanks,

3. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    No problemo bud. I'd really like to see how it performs on circular c band sats to the east.

4. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Lnbf arrived in the mail yesterday, think I'll slap it on and see if it makes a difference. One thing I can say, I've never seen a lighter lnbf before.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Costact
    Do you know if you can leave the dielectrac all the time on and still work ok on non circulars sats?? Or do you need to be installing on and off depending on which sat you're pointing???
    regards my friend!!!

6. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Carlos, you need to remove the plate for linear sats. Personally I have never used it, even on the circular sats. My lnbf still scans in most channels on circular sats without it, however most scan in on both polarities.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can leave the plate in but it will decrease the signal on the linear birds. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

8. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Back to the topic at hand, increased my signal quality by about 5%. I also noticed that the ESX242 lnbf is much closer to the dish then my previous feed.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have one of these for my 6 footer. Still havent got it setup yet. There is no setting for skew on circular right?

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Correct. No skew on circular because the signal is Left Hand or Right Hand circular polarized.
    Linear signals travel in either the horizontal or vertical plane, and this is why you need skew.

Another thing to remember: You can get some circular signals with a linear lnb, providing the signal is strong enough. You can get some linear signals with a circular lnb, providing the signal is strong enough. EB
    Last edited by el bandido; 02-13-2012 at 08:48 PM.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast