The attached .pdf file was written by me back in 2008.

The DG380 was originally purchased to turn a Geosat 1.2 meter dish. At the time of its release, the DG380 had a higher rating for dish weight in pounds. At the time of its release, it was rated the same or higher in dish weight than the StabHH120 dish motor.
After I bough this motor, its dish weight rating was lowered drastically and its maximum dish size was lowered to 1 meter. Then its rating was raised back up to equal the 1.2 meter dish weight of the Fortec Star. I think this was done because Sadoun discontinued selling the StabHH120 and he needed a motor that was rated for his Fortec 1.2 meter dish. When you put a lnb and coax on the 1.2 meter Fortec Star, you have exceeded the maximum dish weight that is posted for the DG380!!!
The real problem with the DG380 motor and its various dish ratings is its extended motor travel of. This motor will move a dish further than the the HH120 will and this causes motor overload problems when a heavy dish is used at the East/West limits.
If you will notice, most of the dish motor manufacturers do not have a dish weight rating in pounds or in kilograms anymore. Sadoun and Stab are the only two that I know of with published dish weights for their motors.
How much weight a motor can handle is important to me. I do not like to buy a motor if I do not know what it is supposed to handle. I also like to have some extra room in the dish weight rating to allow for the lnb(s) and coax, plus the occasional ice and snow that we get in Atlanta. I do not appreciate Sadoun juggling the dish weight rating of this motor.
I recommend the DG380 motor for dishes 1 meter and below. If you want to turn a 1.2 meter dish, get the StabHH120. EB

[font=Verdana][color=blue] DG380 Specs as of 1-11-2011:

Sadoun PowerTech DG380
Metal Mounts & Gears Box Inside
Automatic Zero Backlash (Slack) Adjustment
For up to 120 cm Steel dish (Max 31lbs).
Heavy duty construction & precise technology.
0.1 degree precision resolution
+/- 80