Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    A lot of times, files are supposed to be designed a certain way or have content entered a certain way. If Not, then problems may exist!

Transponder information in satellites.xml is expected to be in a certain order. This is the order the blindscan plugin is looking for in a satellite transponder in satellites.xml:
    freq, sr, pol, fec, inv, orb, sys, mod, roll, pilot, MIS, pls_mode, pls_code, t2mi
    Most of the time in coding, 1 is 0 in a list. So transponder 1in satellites.xml will be coded as 0
    Here is the code where blindscan puts together the transponder for starting the dish motor:
    transponder = (tps[0][1] // 1000, tps[0][2] // 1000, tps[0][3], tps[0][4], 2, orb_pos, tps[0][5], tps[0][6], tps[0][8], tps[0][9], eDVBFrontendParametersSatellite.No_Stream_Id_Filte r, eDVBFrontendParametersSatellite.PLS_Gold, eDVBFrontendParametersSatellite.PLS_Default_Gold_C ode, eDVBFrontendParametersSatellite.No_T2MI_PLP_Id, eDVBFrontendParametersSatellite.T2MI_Default_Pid)

Here is a satellite transponder from the satellites.xml in TNAP-5.1:
    (freq, sr, pol, fec, inv, orb, sys, mod, roll, pilot, MIS, pls_mode, pls_code, t2mi)
    <transponder frequency="11718000" symbol_rate="2390000" polarization="0" fec_inner="2" system="1" modulation="2" />

Here is the same transponder from the satellites.xml that you posted:
    (freq, sr, pol, fec, inv, orb, sys, mod, roll, pilot, MIS, pls_mode, pls_code, t2mi)
    <transponder system="1" fec_inner="2" frequency="11718000" polarization="0" symbol_rate="2390000" modulation="2" />

The first item in the transponder is supposed to be frequency. The first item in your transponder is system. No way this is gonna work!

The Blindscan Frequency Range is recorded by what was being displayed when the blindscan started. I am going to guess you have two or more satellites using slightly different lnb settings, and you were moving between them when doing a blindscan. Fix the satellites.xml problem first and see if this issue is also fixed.

2. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The way my satellites.xml file is organized is the way the Edision created it in some previous version of TNAP.

So I did a test. I created a brand new satellite using TS-Satellites Editor in TNAP5.1. This new satellite in satellites.xml is created exactly as my file shows. Not as you describe. So there is no point my "fixing" my file since as soon as I create a new satellite then that new satellite would be organized "incorrectly" in satellites.xml per your description.

I checked backups I have of my satellites.xml from December 2023. I also checked a backup of my satellites.xml from 2022. The frequency has never been listed first in any of those backups. It seems we are saying that satellites.xml files created before TNAP5.1 are not compatible with TNAP5.1. Yet if I use TNAP5.1 now to create a new satellite, this new satellite listing in satellites.xml is created incorrectly. I'm not sure where I go from here. Perhaps I just accept I can't use the Start Dish Motor feature. Everything else is working fine so I won't worry about it.
    Edision OS Mio+ 4K UHD w/TNAP 5.1, 4-foot motorized Fortec offset dish (150W to 82W), Invacom QPH-031 Ku linear/circular LNBF, Titanium C1PLL LNBF. Star Choice 41" fixed dish for eastern sats, Avenger PLL universal LNB. Shaw 60e elliptical dish 103W/99W. Hauppauge 950Q OTA USB, Clearstream 2V, CM-7777 preamp.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Online Flash images have been updated to 0505. These images contain a dropbear update (see link).
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

TNAP-5.1 images should be considered stable and usable.

5. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberham View Post
    The way my satellites.xml file is organized is the way the Edision created it in some previous version of TNAP.

So I did a test. I created a brand new satellite using TS-Satellites Editor in TNAP5.1. This new satellite in satellites.xml is created exactly as my file shows. Not as you describe. So there is no point my "fixing" my file since as soon as I create a new satellite then that new satellite would be organized "incorrectly" in satellites.xml per your description.

I checked backups I have of my satellites.xml from December 2023. I also checked a backup of my satellites.xml from 2022. The frequency has never been listed first in any of those backups. It seems we are saying that satellites.xml files created before TNAP5.1 are not compatible with TNAP5.1. Yet if I use TNAP5.1 now to create a new satellite, this new satellite listing in satellites.xml is created incorrectly. I'm not sure where I go from here. Perhaps I just accept I can't use the Start Dish Motor feature. Everything else is working fine so I won't worry about it.

Edision Does Not Create Satellites.xml Files!
    The satellites.xml is a system file and is generated in the enigma2 image build. The satellites.xml file is created elsewhere, and not by enigma2 directly, but satellites.xml file is put into a normal enigma2 image build. The satellites.xml resides in /etc/tuxbox of system files.

TS Sat Editor creates satellite.xml files or modifies satellite.xml files and puts them in /etc/enigma2 of receiver files. The enigma2 image has 2 satellite.xml files when TS Sat Editor is used, and possibly when some other editors are used.

During image updates or new image installs, most users that understand how will restore settings from the previous image and think "All is Well". Most of the time All Is Well, but other times, a problem is simply reintroduced. When you restore settings, you basically restore the contents of /etc/enigma2 which would include the satellites.xml file if one is present.

Enigma2 is set to use satellites.xml file and some other .xml files if they reside in enigma2. So if you have a satellite.xml file in /etc/enigma2, then it is used and the system satellites.xml file which is in /etc/tuxbox is ignored.

It is a good idea to Not Restore Settings at some points in time and make a Fresh Install. Most of the time when this is suggested, it is ignored because restoring settings is easy-painless. A fresh install takes a bit of work.

Attached are satellite.xml files taken from the feeds of TNAP 4.2, TNAP5, and TNAP5.1. You will note all of these satellites.xml files have a dated header at the top and are designed the same way as previously listed. A satellites.xml file that was generated using TS Sat Editor Today is also included, and it too is generated in the same format and is readable by the blindscan plugin.

This tidbit at the top means something and should not be deleted like it is in your satellite.xml files: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Where or how you got your satellites.xml and how or why it is in that condition is debatable. At the end of the day though, it does not matter. Either remove it from /etc/enigma2 and start proper by using TS Sat Editor to copy the real satellites.xml file in /etc/tuxbox or forget about it and be happy with what you have. Most likely, this won't be the last conversation about it because the blindscan plugin has been modified, and errors in satellites.xml will be obvious..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by el bandido; 05-05-2024 at 02:05 AM.

7. Thanks Megatron817, cyberham thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Something occurred to me after sleeping on it. Maybe I am configuring my system incorrectly.

I have a total of 5 LNBs configured:
    Tuner A: LNB1, LNB2, LNB3
    Tuner B: LNB1, LNB2

I've always wondered if I should be configuring these instead as follows:
    Tuner A: LNB1, LNB2, LNB3
    Tuner B: LNB4, LNB5

Also, Tuner B/LNB2 is funky since it's a Shaw Direct LNB. Its LO frequency is 10075 MHz with a scan range of 11025 to 12225 MHz. It's designed to cover lower Ku and upper Ku. Maybe this and the above configurations are causing problems. I will reprogram using unique LNB numbers for the whole system.

I understand your point about carrying forward old files. In general in past, I haven't done this for the concern you mention. However, in transitioning from TNAP5 to TNAP5.1, I did carry forward using the "lazy way". I think for the transition from TNAP4.2 to TNAP5, I didn't carry forward but allowed the system to create new files.

I understand more. I will go away and probably reflash fresh and reconfigure. It's all fun & games.
    Edision OS Mio+ 4K UHD w/TNAP 5.1, 4-foot motorized Fortec offset dish (150W to 82W), Invacom QPH-031 Ku linear/circular LNBF, Titanium C1PLL LNBF. Star Choice 41" fixed dish for eastern sats, Avenger PLL universal LNB. Shaw 60e elliptical dish 103W/99W. Hauppauge 950Q OTA USB, Clearstream 2V, CM-7777 preamp.

9. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    TS-satellites editor changes the format and removes the top header about the xml version and encoding. I noticed this years back when I got in to enigma2. Might be better to use Notepad++ for editing and not TS-satellites editor if it matters as far as the blind scan plugins goes. I haven't had any problems that I know about having My Sat xml in the wrong format but I have fixed my sat xml file to the tnap 5.1 version and edited with notepad++ to keep this format.

11. Thanks cyberham thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's all fun & games.
    It's a Hobby! So nothing should be a big deal. For your system, each individual lnb should be assigned its own number. Other than that, whatever works, use it.

To straighten out the satellites.xml thingy, simply Delete satellites.xml in /etc/enigma2 and Reboot. Nothing else needs to be done, but you may lose channels on some satellites due to satellite names being different. The TS Sat Editor may be used.

When updating,
    Channel files and Bouquets can usually be carried forward without issues, though some may not work due to satellite name changes.
    Any nims settings in the settings file of /etc/enigma2/settings may be copied and reused.
    Almost everything else in the /etc/enigma2 folder should be dumped. OR Notes should be made if anything else is kept.

As it is now, Many satellites, especially C band will display no signal in the blindscan plugin because the first transponder in satellites.xml will not have a signal. It will be up to the individual user to fix this because no one is maintaining the TNAP satellites.xml file besides Lyngsat.

13. Thanks cyberham, Megatron817 thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    TS Sat Editor appears to make a decent satellites.xml file. The header is proper as shown below. This should run without errors, but I have not tested it.

15. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
    Likes cyberham liked this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on it! Nobody could pay me to have this much fun. Hope somebody is paying you. I'm going to fix things first on satellites.xml then update to the 0505 online version after.

17. Likes el bandido, Megatron817 liked this post
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910