Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Something occurred to me after sleeping on it. Maybe I am configuring my system incorrectly.

I have a total of 5 LNBs configured:
    Tuner A: LNB1, LNB2, LNB3
    Tuner B: LNB1, LNB2

I've always wondered if I should be configuring these instead as follows:
    Tuner A: LNB1, LNB2, LNB3
    Tuner B: LNB4, LNB5

Also, Tuner B/LNB2 is funky since it's a Shaw Direct LNB. Its LO frequency is 10075 MHz with a scan range of 11025 to 12225 MHz. It's designed to cover lower Ku and upper Ku. Maybe this and the above configurations are causing problems. I will reprogram using unique LNB numbers for the whole system.

I understand your point about carrying forward old files. In general in past, I haven't done this for the concern you mention. However, in transitioning from TNAP5 to TNAP5.1, I did carry forward using the "lazy way". I think for the transition from TNAP4.2 to TNAP5, I didn't carry forward but allowed the system to create new files.

I understand more. I will go away and probably reflash fresh and reconfigure. It's all fun & games.
    Edision OS Mio+ 4K UHD w/TNAP 5.1, 4-foot motorized Fortec offset dish (150W to 82W), Invacom QPH-031 Ku linear/circular LNBF, Titanium C1PLL LNBF. 41-inch Star Choice: 81W to 77W, Avenger PLL universal LNB. Shaw 60e elliptical dish 103W/99W. Hauppauge 950Q OTA USB, Clearstream 2V, CM-7777 preamp.

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    TS Sat Editor appears to make a decent satellites.xml file. The header is proper as shown below. This should run without errors, but I have not tested it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
    Likes cyberham liked this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    TS Sat Editor appears to make a decent satellites.xml file. The header is proper as shown below. This should run without errors, but I have not tested it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    If you use the TS-Satellite editor to make updates and save then the format is changed. Never had an issue with that format though.

6. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post