Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    If that be True, then the TS Sat Editor needs to be modified to work correctly or removed from feeds.

Some parts of the system work fine as long as the satellites.xml is configured in a way that can be read. Signal finder is a good example. I don't know what it would take to make the blindscan plugin perform like the signal finder for showing a signal. Showing a signal for a transponder or showing Lock in the blindscan plugin has always been problematic. At the end of the day, it may simply be removed and forgotten about.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I added the 102.9w dummy satellite to the TNAP5.1 Satellites xml file so the 103w ku-band Radio channels can be setup in the tuner setup menu.
    I did a fresh install and seen the radio channels were their in TNAP 5.1 but could not be setup.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Megatron817; 05-05-2024 at 12:12 PM.

4. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know anything about TS Sat Editor. Nor ever found a reason to need it.
    I have my master satellites.xml tucked away along with incremental updates. As well as offloaded backup images on my pc.
    On a new image flash it is always used to replace the one included in it. Just an easy drag with Filezilla.
    It is trimmed with all of the sats that I'll never be able to 'see'.
    And when scrolling through the list for tuner setup, scanning, etc. Works out much more easy. For me.

Not really sure what magic the editor does. But every blindscan for transponders where the results are in /tmp gets compared with the corresponding satellite in satellites.xml.
    A few minutes of editing to append the /tuxbox file and I'm good to go.
    Even due to differences in the specified satellite tp's in the /tuxbox file , if one is given as 4040 H 30000 and the scan results in 4038 H 29998. I overwrite it.
    I guess differences in LNB LO freq. drift, etc. causes that.

When I was pissin' around with old DN, Direc LNBF's which have different LO freq's. Including the "special" LNBF for 118W. That's where doing a little math to figure out why my scans were coming up with transponders that just didn't make sense. Hah. I learned! Eventually.

One thing for sure. Just a single space off in your satellite.xml can cause the next boot to corrupt your entire tuner setup, channel lists. Boot errors letting you know your .xml is borked.
    So a flashable image backup is mandatory. And being able to manipulate the file structure through terminal and your FTP application.

I know, I know. "Don't ever change your satellites.xml file". Before someone barks at me. Apparently that seems like what TS Sat Editor is doing, or let's you do. Right!

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron817 View Post
    I added the 102.9w dummy satellite to the TNAP5.1 Satellites xml file so the 103w ku-band Radio channels can be setup in the tuner setup menu.
    I did a fresh install and seen the radio channels were their in TNAP 5.1 but could not be setup.
    Every satellite needs a transponder. Try adding or copying a transponder and install it in your new location. REBOOT.

Also, the satellites.xml for TNAP5.1 is unfinished. There are active satellites missing because Lyngsat thinks they are no longer being used!

7. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Every satellite needs a transponder. Try adding or copying a transponder and install it in your new location. REBOOT.

Also, the satellites.xml for TNAP5.1 is unfinished. There are active satellites missing because Lyngsat thinks they are no longer being used!
    I added the transponder for the dummy sat 102w . file from previous post has been replaced. Thanks.

9. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    My information from earlier was Wrong! The TS Sat Editor provides a format that works, even though the order is wrong, or at least not consistent with the satellites.xml format used in the image. Seems another file straightens things out and allows it to work, so the TS Sat Editor will work "As Is" and will supply signal to the blindscan plugin if a signal exists.

Some updates were done to the Blindscan plugin, including fixing the wrong frequency being displayed when an User defined lnb is being used. Other adjustments were made that might allow the transponder signal to be read more easily. Pretty much, the features in TNAP should work for everyone equally. Be sure to say something if there are more problems getting a satellite to show signal in the Blindscan plugin when using motorized systems.

Updates to satellites.xml were done and allow the Muzak channels to play.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "This tidbit at the top means something and should not be deleted like it is in your satellite.xml files: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>"
    My satellites file, shows a different encoding:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Is it important to be UTF-8 ?
    I use "Syntext Serna Free 4.4" program, to edit/modify my satellites.xml file.
    Thx.
    Nihil sine Deo !

12. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know why the encoding is up there, or what happens if a different encoding is used, or if No encoding is used. As long as everything runs OK, then do not worry about it. But if you have problems, try to remember the satellites.xml is not set the same as the build.

14. Thanks lme thanked for this post
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011