Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I don't care what type/brand of switch you use, the motor should always be before any type of switch, the starting DC current load on a motor will eventually blow out the input/output on any switch.

Even some receivers can't handle the starting load of some motors, the starting DC current load (amps or milliamps) will be even higher on a 13 volt transponder. (all vertical transponders)(the lower the voltage the higher the current)

It should always be Receiver-Motor-switch-LNB.

Also a good idea is to use coax with a pure copper core, some coax has a copper coated steel center conductor, this type will have a higher DC voltage drop at the far end.

To test the type of center conductor use a magnet on the center conductor, if it sticks it's steel.

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Although I have yet to own a usals motor I really do like the remote power hack to supply the positioner electronics and motor H bridge. It seems like the only thing then is to get a signal over coax to tell the control electronics where to move the dish to.
    I would suspect also that the motor would move more lively and receiver power load stresses would greatly be reduced. Si?
    And as feeble minded I am at times. When powered over coax. If on a 13 volt transponder. Does that mean the motor itself can only get a maximum of 13 volts? And more pixies if on an 18 volt tp?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, if the receiver is set to a 13 volt transponder (vertical) the motor only gets 13 volts, maybe a bit less due to voltage drop on a long run of coax.

This only applies to H to H motors used on "Ku" band dishes,(under a meter and a half) "C" band dishes use a different type of motor.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryl View Post
    Yes, if the receiver is set to a 13 volt transponder (vertical) the motor only gets 13 volts, maybe a bit less due to voltage drop on a long run of coax.

This only applies to H to H motors used on "Ku" band dishes,(under a meter and a half) "C" band dishes use a different type of motor.
    Very familiar with a diseqc controller. The ASC-1. Haven't seen a schematic for a Stab type positioner and probably missed that part in the Eutelsat bible.
    Since most sat. receivers use 12 vdc as the power source, then a boost converter is there someplace. With board traces as fine as they are and juice going through the tuner/demo. it only makes sense that copper coax is needed and short cable runs would be important. Whether the motor is of a lower voltage and regulated down to it before the actual H bridge reversing circuit could be aced with one torn apart on the bench. I'd like to come across a junker someplace to play with.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Diseqc 1.2 option was selected and later the USALS option was activated, so I'm supposing that is working with USALS.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm able to get signal from the LNB connected to the motor, but if I go to the setup and try for example, find the signal in other transponder, when I go back to the channel previously Lock, the receiver gives the warning "Tune failed".

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does the signal return if you do Nothing Else except restart enigma, Or Reboot the box?
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that is correct.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carefully check your cables . ALL cables that go to the motor and its lnb need to be checked. Unscrew all connectors and look inside them for moisture or rust. If you are using copper clad Steel, then replace it with solid copper core.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    EB

This is a new installation. Everything looks nice. I always use 100% cooper core, never cheap steel clad cables.

12. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast