Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Might be a good idea to send your test findings to their email. Would be very interesting to see their response, if any.

2. Likes el bandido, Babadem liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obviously the SF8008 Supreme cannot do Multistream on 121w, but it is advertised to do exactly that on their website.

- DVB-S2X 4K UHD & Multistream (T2-MI direct input)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Don't get me wrong. I find the SF8008 Supreme to be at least a decent FTA receiver. I just Do Not like it when things or features are advertised that either do not exist or do not work. The SF8008 Supreme seems to have a couple of those...

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If there are problems with the processing of some signal, fullTS is usually required or provided for correction
    ROVER AtomLight STC+ , Televes H30 FLEX
    Gibertini OP100LN /85E-53W/
    WaveFrontier T90 /51E-39E-36E-33E-28E-26E-23E-19E-16E-13E-9E-7E-5E-2E-1W-4W/
    Edision MIO+ 4K, Octagon SF8008, Mutant HD51, QVIART Lunix, Ustym 4K S2 OTT, VU Solo4K, Dreambox 900UHD/7020HD/500HD, TBS-5925/5530/5220

5. Likes el bandido liked this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, but I will probably pass on sending a TS file because usually that is nothing more than a waste of my time.

The problems I have shown are not special or exotic. But they are problems. Multi-stream transponders with watchable channels are available here in North America on rare occasion. Multi-stream transponders are common in Europe, so there should be no need for a TS file from me.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    After ten days, my supreme managed to catch a flight from Frankfurt. Checked
    flightradar and the LH400 landed at JFK today. It will probably vacation there for a few days and finally catch a burro for delivery in a week or maybe two.....lol

8. Thanks el bandido, MikeB thanked for this post
    Likes Babadem liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Octagon SF8008 has 4 image slots. These slots may be mounted and files swapped between them. Be careful when doing this because there is little protection in the way of mistakes. If you delete something, it is deleted! The only exception may be the image that you are currently running. Some things might not be deleted unless enigma2 is stopped in telnet using init 4.

To mount all 4 slots a usb drive or internal hard drive is needed. Make a folder on the external/internal hard drive. Name the folder anything you want and then mount the slots using this command in telnet: mount /dev/mmcblk0p16 /media/usb/slot4

Let's look at the telnet command a little bit. My target folder is named slot 4, and it is located at /media/usb in the receiver files. mount /dev/mmcblk0p16 tells the receiver to mount mount mmcblk0p16, which is the location where all 4 image slots are stored. So mount /dev/mmcblk0p16 /media/usb/slot4 when entered in telnet mounts mmcblk0p16 into the slot 4 folder. To unmount, use the umount command or reboot the receiver. (umount /dev/mmcblk0p16 /media/usb/slot4)

Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

10. Thanks eastof111, Megatron817, Babadem thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know. Looking forward to trying this receiver.

Did a tracker check today on DHL and it shows as leaving JFK on the 11th and going back to Frankfurt and then two different flights to other airports in Germany. Might just be a tracking error but there doesn't seem to be any further info on its whereabouts available. Sent an email to the vendor, will see how they respond. Hope it's just a tracking error.

12. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kudos to the vendor for replying quickly with a tracking number with the US post office awaiting shipment from NYC. It's been sitting there since the 12th. The USPS equivalent to amazon's prime delivery......lol

14. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find the receiver sensitivity of the SF8008 Supreme to be similar, almost identical to the older SF8008. The SF8008 Supreme shows a bit more signal than the SF8008 on a weak transponder, but the SF8008 shows a better picture on a weak transponder than the SF8008 Supreme. It is almost certain that I could find a different weak transponder where the Supreme shows a better picture than the older SF8008.

Finding a transponder that does this is normal FTA tuner stuff and really means nothing, except receiver A is doing a bit better with this particular transponder than receiver B. There is very little reception difference that I can find between the older SF8008 and the newer SF8008 Supreme.

The SF8008 Supreme may read a bit higher in signal than the SF8008, but that also means nothing. You are not going to get an accurate reading of satellite signal from a consumer grade FTA receiver. We could go into the enigma2 coding and tell it to give the SF8008 Supreme a bit higher reading in the signal area. There would be a group of people that would swear the Supreme was better and point to the higher signal reading as proof.

Weak signal TV picture comparison. (Neither is watchable as there are too many errors.)
    ------(SF8008 Supreme)<-------------------------------------->(SF8008)
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<-------------------->[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<-------------------->[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

16. Thanks eastof111, Megatron817, Babadem thanked for this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Showing a signal below lock is nice. A 16apsk transponder with a 4/5 fec takes a decent amount of signal to lock. Then you need a bit more signal above lock to see a picture or hear audio.

Shown below is a 16apsk transponder that was being used as a sports feed. The signal has been dropped a little bit, but that is normal considering the time. The SF8008 Supreme is still able to lock this transponder, but move the dish a click or two and the signal unlocks. On receivers that do not show signal below lock, you have a signal of about 12 db or nothing. Sometimes this is hard for folks to comprehend as to WHY this happens.

Transponder Signals like the one shown above are WHY you need a quality lnb instead of a lnbf. You need every bit of signal you can get with these types of transponders. Bit errors add up quick!

Would be nice of other image groups would adopt what is needed to show signal below lock, but as of today, no other image group has made provisions for it. At least it works for me.

18. Thanks eastof111, Megatron817 thanked for this post
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast