Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    After seeing these results, I can only wonder WHY Rick Caylor advertises loading the SF8008 Supreme with OpenATV image for use in North America. FTA in North America requires a fast scanning receiver if you want to watch feeds.
    OpenATV is Slow when it comes to scanning. And for icing on the cake, Rick claims to load the Designed-For-Hacking Define Operating system in another slot. I guess you need a hacking receiver to open all of those encrypted feeds that are meticulously posted.

It is what it is...
    Probably the Define image is used to help the folks that have yet to be comfortable with enigma images. Not knowing or caring what is under the hood of the image makes it easier for the non-enigma users to experience fta.

2. Thanks el bandido, Babadem thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a group of people that will have problems with any fta receiver. I can understand having a simple operating system for someone to use, and can also understand having a simple operating system with media features.

What I don't understand is why someone who had to testify in court about SonicView satellite piracy would want to have a hacking system installed on the receivers they sell. Couple the hacking system you sell in the fta receiver with the fact that you run a forum that posts almost exclusively about encrypted feeds and you have a recipe for another court appearance. Most likely, nothing would happen, but it doesn't look good either.

It is what it is....

4. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    AAC-HE audio plays correctly for me in the SF8008 Supreme.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

6. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attempts to fix the low symbol rate in the SF8008 Supreme are being made. There have been three hi-dvb.ko test drivers as of today, and none of them come close to the advertised symbol rate of 100. As previously mentioned, it has been shown the SF8008 Supreme has Avalink AVL6261C demodulator which is identical to the Edision MIO 4k demodulators. Personally, I think tjis is a wasted effort, but the SF8008 Supreme should work as advertised.

It seems whoever is making these test drivers has no way to check them, so the drivers are released to the FTA community for testing. All of this should have been done before the Supreme was released to the public, or a more modest and realistic low symbol rate of 1000 should have been advertised. Regardless, maybe some progress can be made in the low symbol rate area.

You can highlight the tuner in the receiver menus and get tuner information. What is shown as tuner information should reflect on what the receiver is capable of and not what you wish it could do.

Driver thread Link:

8. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flashed to version 04-25-2024 and the (2-3 second) "tune failed" display when zapping channels disappeared in c band. Now the channel displays almost instantaneously. Great! But later returns and continues to slow down while using the receiver.

Can't say the same for ku band. When zapping channels on ku the display will freeze for about 3 to 4 seconds before the video displays. Sometimes up to 30 seconds. This happens on the same mux.

Example... Changing from 87 ku to 99 ku the screen freezes for about 30 seconds before the sat icon appears to inform of movement.

Switching back from a ku channel to a c band channel, the "tune failed" display is back for about 3 seconds. And sometimes the video will not display till 15 seconds or more. This happens on the same mux.

Also, during the setup wizard and do you want to install a channel list.....
    if you select yes, the green screen appears and you have to go through the setup wizard procedure again and then select no or you will initiate the green screen loop.

Restored to 03-10-2024 version.

10. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flash the 0426 image as time permits. It should run "Normal". Thanks.

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flashed 04-26-2024....

Setup wizard is back to normal. Setup 101 C on tuner A and 99 ku on tuner B.
    Did a manual scan on 101 c band - finished in 0.43 secs. and found 145 channels.
    Did a manual scan on 99 ku band - finished in 2 min. 59 sec. and found 20 channels.

Deleted all channels from sats and rebooted.

Did a blindscan on 101 c band - found 13 xpdrs in 0.43 secs. and found 145 channels in 1 min. 0.35 secs.
    Did a blindscan on 99 ku band - found 23 xpdrs in 1 min. 0.51 secs. and found 101 channels (tv = 19 + radio = 82) in 5 min. 0.45 secs.

Initial zapping in c and ku band is fast and also back and forth between c and ku bands plus no problems with rc response.

To avoid further setup of sat configs and blind scanning I copied (init 4) nims from 03-22-2024 settings file and corresponding lambedb to 04-26-2024 and rebooted.

Zapping starts to produce a slow down of display and rc key functions. At times it slows down up to 10 to 15 seconds of display freezing and yet randomly sometimes the zapping speed returns to a normal fast display. This happens on both c and ku bands either on the same mux or not.

Restored 04-26-2024 back to original 101 c and 99 ku setup and there is no problem with delayed screen or rc control response.

13. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I say there is something not exactly right with the Supreme. I don't think the image is doing all of those tricks by itself. Maybe before my lifetime ends I will figure out why it slows down. And blindscan hangs both command line and when using the Plugin. Octagon is making efforts to improve the satellite dvb driver.

Anyway, if you have anymore TNAP images problems, please post them in the the thread for the image. I will see about getting us a different image such as modified VIX to test and see if the same problems exist.

15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I don't think the image is doing all of those tricks by itself"

I don't believe so either... sometimes this receiver will do quirky things that I cannot replicate.

Thanks for your work.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516