Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    New FTA Receivers 2024
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    It looks like there will only be a few New FTA receivers for the year 2024. Broadcom which made the chips for the higher priced FTA receivers seems to have abandoned the market. Then we have a U.S. ban on China which makes anything new from HiSilicon unlikely. It looks like Amlogic and Ali are about the only ones left that might produce something useful for FTA.

Actually there may not be a single New FTA receiver in 2024. Instead we may see previously released models re-named or re-badged to give the appearance of something new, but in reality just an old receiver in a new box. If you don't have the chips then you don't have the product.

This time of year used to be busy for FTA receivers. New models would be announced for the coming year and even some new models released in time for Christmas. Currently, there are no new FTA receivers being talked about or beta tested that I can find. So the outlook for New FTA receivers in 2024 is bleak.

I did read somewhere that Rick Caylor would be offering the Octagon SX88V2 as a New receiver. But in reality, the SX88V2 could be thought of as a stripped SF8008 version. So nothing new here. If this trend continues, support for FTA receivers such as enigma2 will drop or decline even further. Maybe something good will happen for FTA in 2024, but it does not look good right now. We will see...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not exactly a happy santa news.... lol. Hopefully some good fta news will popup next year.

Looks like I will really start pampering my receiver since it's been on (almost) 24/7 since Dec. of 2013.

3. Thanks Costactc thanked for this post
    Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    One indicator is: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

OpenPLi does not build images for every receiver but they do build images for most of the enigma2 receivers we have enjoyed in the past. New receivers or reciters that have not been officially released yet will be shown in red. For the first time I can remember, OpenPLi does not show a single receiver in red. The new receiver outlook is bleak with all things considered. If there are not any new enigma2 receivers, then there will be few if any new Closed Source FTA receivers. Put simply, No one is making anything.

5. Thanks eastof111, norman881, Costactc thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    For 2024, Octagon is going to recycle several receivers and sell them as 'New"

Basically the same stuff looks like. Just put some lipstick on them, add a shiny new gift box, and sell them again.

The SF8008 Supreme I expect will have an internal hard drive capability. But I also suspect most of the internals to be identical to the SF8008. We will see.

There is nothing wrong with what Octagon is doing here besides maybe some deception. None of this stuff looks "New", but it is better than nothing!

7. Thanks Megatron817, stephan94, eastof111, Costactc thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Octagon SF8008 Supreme is now being sold and should be widely available within 4 weeks. The enigma2 image is the same as the current SF8008. Changes have been made in the tuner/demodulator area. Whether these changes are good or bad remain to be seen. Provisions have been made for an Internal Solid State Drive. I guess the Sf8008 Supreme could be considered to be an updated 2018 model.

Really nothing new here, but an internal hard drive is a plus for me. Doubt we see a "New" fta receiver in 2024 unless the chip situation changes.

Google Searches:
    Octagon sf8008 supreme
    DVB-S2X: Availink AVL62X1

I would expect Rick to sell the SF8008 Supreme at some future point in time. We will see...

9. Thanks eastof111, Megatron817, norman881, Costactc thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The SF8008 Supreme is now listed on Ebay with shipping to the U.S.A.
    eBay item number:386702795142

11. Thanks Costactc, eastof111, rrob311, Megatron817 thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    EB, are you going to TNAP this one? Also, do you know if this model will blind scan on both tuners or just one?

If yes, time for me to get it as a backup unit.

13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The SF8008 Supreme takes the same TNAP image as the SF8008. I have a SF8008 Supreme currently stuck in Miami Customs. Let's see what it does If and When it gets here.

14. Thanks eastof111, Megatron817 thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    DREAMPORTUGAL should have the SF8008 Supreme in a week or two. This would be my preferred seller.

On another note, My SF8008 Supreme cleared customs in Miami. Now waiting on USPS to complete delivery. This might take a few more days as our postal service can be slow.

16. Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got an email from Kücükogul Necati <info@octagon-germany.de> indicating that this receiver will blind scan on both tuners.

Looks like I'll be ordering one.

EB, anything wrong with the ebay seller in Germany you posted?

18. Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast