Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Correct, Change all three to 10750 Or as I said earlier, use Circular.

We can look at the file where these settings are managed in the link below.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Lines 466-469 show how Circular lnb is set in enigma2 for OpenATV:
    elif currLnb.lof.value == "circular_lnb":
    sec.setLNBLOFL(10750000)
    sec.setLNBLOFH(10750000)
    sec.setLNBThreshold(10750000)
    So all three to 10750 or use Circular. Either one should do the same thing unless OpenATV has changed their blindscan coding.

Other lnb settings will work, and it does not matter what you use as long as you are satisfied with the results.

2. Likes WilburSmith liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The threshold is the frequency at which the receiver tells the LNB to switch to high band, it can be anywhere from 11,500 to 11,700 (possibly a little higher, as the highest frequency on the satellite is less than 13,000).
    Standard (user defined) ku lnbf's use 10750 for all 3 selections of LOF/L, LOF/H, & thresh.
    Voltage changes polarization so therefore it would be set to Polarization.
    If no tone switching is used for high/low band then that is set off.

Note that Polarization in the .xml has 0,1 for linear and 2.3 for circular polarization. And some of mine for C band have been modified as I've recently tried "the slab", or depolarizer.
    To answer a previous question a recent scan is here. There is a bit of housekeeping to maintain the satellites.xml file.
    Some copy/pasting (deleting lines in the master .xml) from the saved scan to the Tuxbox file.
    If you also look. Only satellites visible in my arc are included and all others are trimmed out. It would be obvious that versus scrolling through every single sat. in the original installed list. It is better that way.
    Further. There may be many "left behinds" as although transponders may be shut off. They can also be turned back on.
    Much faster in Signal finder to see so. And channels on them (in TNAP and ViX) can be seen. Rather than performing a blindscan every time.
    The upload privileges prevent .xml files so you can rename the extension. It's kind of a freebie blindscan file you can pick and choose from.
    Always backup first.

4. Thanks WilburSmith, el bandido thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are many ways to enter antenna settings in enigma2. But I think it is best to use the same settings the image was coded with, which is the same entry for all lnb frequency entries unless a dual l.o. lnb is being used. So a lnb with a single l.o. of 11250 would be entered three times in antenna settings.
    Here is a NimManager sinippet:

6. Thanks lme thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Changing or altering the satellites.xml files can present its own set of problems. The channel file named lamedb is tied to the satellites.xml file for satellite entries. The lamedb file may become corrupted or unusable for the most part when a new satellites.xml file is introduced, so it is a good idea to backup the lamedb file before loading a new satellites .xml file.

Different satellites.xml files and channel files can be packed as an .ipk file which the enigma2 receiver can install. These .ipk files can be added to the feeds where they can be easily accessed and installed.

8. Likes ArloG, WilburSmith liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree and actually had to give it a 2nd thought.
    When initially installing a new image and setting up the tuner for the first time. And notice all of the sats. I never will get. I'll drag my .xml over into /etc/tuxbox. And give 'er a reboot.
    That's done right after I set up the first sat. and save the config. Kind of gives me a pointer should I choose to c/p the nims lines in a saved /etc/enigma2 settings file on my pc from FTP.
    Using ssl and throw it an init 4 first. Edit and save settings in Notepad++. And then a customary cold boot. A full list of tuner settings is done in a fast-setup way.
    Backup first. Depending on different images and Linux versions it has crapped out once or twice before.
    3rd thought, took a peek in my saved lamedb on the pc. It contains the same .xml as in tuxbox. So that's cool. I use E-Channelizer just because I do.

My .xml has a few "huh??" sat's and tp's in it. Kind of my own workspace. 131 has 2 entries. One with 131*. From back when a few tp's on it needed a bump of the dish mover to peak the channels.
    So they auto-tuned (no...not like Cher or Britney) the dish to peak, sort of.
    I'm still learning. Didn't want to spread bad juju.

10. Likes WilburSmith liked this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Invacom QPH-031 is a decent performing lnb on most offset satellite dishes. The QPH-031 was popular and useful some 10-15 years ago when DishNet had a few channels that were not scrambled. You will probably have a hard time finding anything useful to watch on the circular side today because everything is scrambled except maybe Dish advertisements.

The Invacom QPH-031 is a heavy lnbf, and the weight of it can become a problem where there is snow and ice. This lnb is heavy and bulky to begin with, and it gets a lot worse in the weight department when snow and ice is added. This lnb is heavy enough to distort the face of some satellite dishes, especially with ice and snow. the lnb arm may also sag or bend on some satellite dishes that are poorly supported or have no side supports for the lnb arm or feed. Homeowner satellite dishes are usually a bit flimsy and not well built. Most commercial type satellite dishes would not have any problem with the lnb weight.

Another draw-back to the QPH-031 is the weather proofing was not very good and the cover will crack or break as shown below. A little more thought or care by Invacom would have made this problem less likely to happen or at least take years longer to happen. I ran the the QPH-031 shown below, and enjoyed it, but the drawbacks and problems need to be understood. My 1.2 meter dish didn't seem to have any problem holding this lnb, but the Atlanta, Ga. area doesn't get much snow or ice either.

12. Thanks ViP3R, Megatron817 thanked for this post
    Likes WilburSmith liked this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did the lens crack because of the reflection of the sun off a white dish and into the lnb? I wanted this lnb because you never know what you may find one day.

14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If my window of satellites is from 77W to 103W how can I get rid of the ones I don't need to see?

I guess I was wrong but I was lead to believe that editing the satellites.xml do what I want while adding custome sats on an as needed basis,

15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wil. I do not have 77W in my list. Could you attach your blindscan results for it?
    Remember. It will have a .xml extension. So change it to satellites.txt to attache it here.
    Always use Notepad++. Very important.
    Just one wrong space, tab, incorrect entry can bork an edited .xml file.
    And your receiver won't be happy. So perform a backup first always.
    The file must be formatted perfectly for it to work. I have a file ready from 75W to 103W c & ku.
    A search for Enigma 2 satellites.xml file format or configuration should tell you a bit more.
    When you send your file and get mine back, you'll see a little of what was done.

16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regarding the OpenATV blindscan the LNB can be changed here too but I'm lead to believe that here and can keep vertical and horizontal in place without changes. Is that correct?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast