I purchased a Dreambox One from DREAMPORTUGAL on Wednesday and it is scheduled to arrive on Monday. This receiver will be different from the other fta receivers that I own. Enigma2 Image Flashing of the Dreambox One is different, and the enigma2 file structure is similar, but different than my other enigma2 receivers.

The Dreambox One is supposed to have Bluetooth 5.0 which I hope allows for the use of headphones. This feature would be especially useful for me and others at night. DVB-S2 Satellite receiver sensitivity is supposed to be good on the Dreambox One, and satellite blindscan is supposed to be good or great depending on who you talk to.

Most of the information and support for the Dreambox One is in German, which is a challenge for me as I neither speak German or write German. Dreambox has been "Closed Source" for many years so trying to build an enigma2 image has its own set of problems when compared to other Brands of enigma2 receivers. Dream Multi Media which is Dreambox has apparently shut down operations, but appears to be wholesaling receivers from some warehouse. Whether we see any new Dreambox receiver models in the future is unknown, but I say "probably not likely".

TNAP images are designed for use in North America. Things like blindscan and being able to receiver transponders on the same polarity spaced 1 or 2 MHz apart are items that are focused on in TNAP images. An attempt will be made to build a TNAP style image for the Dreambox One, but my speculation about how this will turn out is mixed. Probably how well a TNAP style image works in the Dreambox One will depend on how much propriety or Closed Source information has been released about the receiver to the image groups.

Dreambox closed some of their Internet support sites earlier this year, and opensource image support for Dreambox receivers picked up around the same time the support sites were closed. So hopefully enough information is available now about the Dreambox One to build a decent open source image that performs well and doesn't crash every five minutes. I have known about the Dreambox One receiver since it was first released around 2019, but have chosen to wait until now to try it for various reasons.

Dreambox One receivers are not particularly cheap: A person in North America could expect to pay around $300.00 for one delivered. The Dreambox One has some nice specs, but so have some other receivers in the past that were nothing but crappy. How well the Dreambox One performs in North America will depend on how much information has been made available for it. The Dreambox One may be a $300.00 POS. Or it may be a jam-up receiver. Results of what it does or doesn't do will be posted here.

Here are some of the Dreambox One specs:
Highlights of the One Ultra HD:

Amlogic S922X
6-core processor
53 K DMIPS
MALI-G52 GPU
2 GB of DDR4 RAM
16 GB Flash
HDR 10
HLG
2.4 GHz / 5.0 GHz MIMO WLAN
Bluetooth 5.0