Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    The problem is a mixing of enigma2. TNAP5.1 updates were added to the TNAP 5 feeds. So it causes errors. The only way to fix it is to load an image that does not contain the errors. Online updates do not work because the tainted enigma2 shows a higher version than TNAP 5. The only way out is to load a backup or image that does not have this problem. Apologies are in order for this error!

2. Thanks Megatron817, stephan94 thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    The problem is a mixing of enigma2. TNAP5.1 updates were added to the TNAP 5 feeds. So it causes errors. The only way to fix it is to load an image that does not contain the errors. Online updates do not work because the tainted enigma2 shows a higher version than TNAP 5. The only way out is to load a backup or image that does not have this problem. Apologies are in order for this error!
    I was able to fix it by swapping out the serviceScan from another older copy of tnap 5. No problems and I like how everything is working so far with the blindScan of 105W C band. Doesn't hang any more. Thanks!

4. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A manual motor start has been added to the blindscan plugin. I am not going to fool with trying to put tease features in the TNAP5 version and plan to add these updates to the 5.1 version.

Really there are only two ways to identify a satellite in a FTA receiver. The first way is to receive the satellite beacon, which is 100% accurate, but impossible AFAIK for a FTA satellite receiver to do. The second way is to use transponder signals.

Using transponder signals for satellite identification in a FTA receiver is nothing short of messy We do not have a decent source of transponder information that is updated regularly and contains the information needed for satellite identification. Shown in the video below is what I am talking about. At least half of the satellites viewable in North America do not have the first transponder in the satellites.xml list active.

Satellites come and go. Transponders are active, then become inactive....etc. There are dedicated groups in Europe who keep their satellites.xml list updated, but not a single person does that in North America.The exception would be the occasional person who posts to Lyngsat hoping their find will be added. Once something is added to Lyngsat in North America, it usually stays there for months or years after it becomes inactive. So Lyngsat is better than nothing, but almost useless.

TVROSAT is supposed to have accurate satellite listings, but much of their stuff is either outdated, wrong, or Both.

So the basic thing is an active satellite transponder needs to be installed First in the satellites.aml file for each orbit location both C and Ku band that are viewable in North America. Then the list has to be maintained else satellites will quit identifying when accessed by the blindscan plugin. The video below shows what that looks like. And this is exactly Why satellite identification is not in current TNAP images.

It would be nice to have every available satellite identify when called in the blindscan plugin. But in North America, that is probably more of a Pipe Smokin' Dream than anything else.

6. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
    Likes stephan94 liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Currently the only Edision 4K I have that works is the MIO. Some of this stuff is difficult to do and impossible to check without having the actual receiver. TNAP5.1 test images are being added to the Flash image of the receiver. The MIO I can check, but the other two Edision's I cannot check.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

8. Thanks lme, stephan94, Megatron817, MikeB thanked for this post
    Likes cyberham liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Currently the only Edision 4K I have that works is the MIO. Some of this stuff is difficult to do and impossible to check without having the actual receiver. TNAP5.1 test images are being added to the Flash image of the receiver. The MIO I can check, but the other two Edision's I cannot check.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    So, I take it that there is a test 5.1 image for osmio 4K plus also.
    Maybe there should be a new thread named "TNAP-5.1 image discussions". Just a suggestion.
    Nihil sine Deo !

10. Likes el bandido liked this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is only so much time in a day....

12. Thanks lme thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    So little time. Dunno if a chinabox receiver like the dreamlink t5 or linkbox 8000 that I have are considered 'fta'. But both do in fact identify satellites by beacon ID.
    I always wondered why E2 receivers didn't do the same thing. There must be a secret.

EB. Your gut feeling. Is the SF8008 Supreme a good idea to buy right now? Seems like you've given it the torture test.
    I know you're interested in good bluetooth functionality. What about a proven USB BT dongle?

Could you do a brief on which image/tuner driver combo seems to be working the best?
    And perhaps a quick comparison rundown of your mio and the 8008. There is a whole lot of stuff up there.

14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ali chipsets...Lol. Talk is cheap! Please demonstrate Today with a video the satellite identification ability of the dreamlink t5 or linkbox 8000. Make a video of these receivers properly identifying every satellite in your entire c band arc Today. Thanks in Advance because I know you will do this! In the name of Science, It Must Be Done!

The SF8008 Supreme is a decent FTA receiver. There is a thread on the Supreme. The "New" Supreme is nothing more than a new receiver using mostly dated parts. Pretty much that it is it. There are pluses and minuses when comparing the Supreme to a MIO. Currently the SF8008 Supreme or one of its variants is the only thing on the market. Everything about it that I have found has been covered in the thread already. Anything else I find will be added. Take it or leave it. No arm twisting required.

15. Thanks stephan94 thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is really no need to prove anything. I don't BS. I would invite you to do the same if you doubt me. I'm sure you must have a similar receiver in "the pile".
    Matter of fact. When trying to hunt and store sats into my ASC-1 with the mio currently used. There was a bit of wtf trying to figure out which one I was on.
    You know. The overlapping ku sat signals. I'm thinking like on 117-119 (example). Where the LO for 119 would have to been set at 11250 with the correct lnbf.
    A blindscan results in transponders that just-don't-exist. Leading again to a scratch your ass and wtf!-mumble.
    Until you realize you're getting bleed over from 119 (maybe). Dust off that T5. Slap it on the coax. Enter the tp's in question into the menu along with ones you know are...117. And wa-frikin'-la!
    Toggle through them and the beacon ID shows right up in the screen. Ahh sweahs fo' god.
    If anyone has an ASC-1 up for grabs Please let me know. As long as it works. I don't care about flaky relays. I've been parked on 127W for way too long.
    Then we can drink a lot of beer and put fans in front of us and see who gets wet first. I'll post enough photos to have breakfast over.

The SF8008 Supreme with 2 identical AVL tuners enough is enticing. And the communities look as if the deficiencies are at least being identified. That's why I axed.
    Getting out of the Broadcom chipset world into the new ones is a bit questionable as far as what the manufacturers are willing to address and modify code.

17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay then you had a "Special Model" FTA Receiver.
    FTA receivers with Ali chipsets Did Not have beacon satellite identification. They used a satellite file or file similar to it. Satellite ID was done using the satellite transponders for satellite identification---same as the rest of the FTA receivers, enigma2 included.