1. Collapse Details
    4' Channel Master Ku dish recovery
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    They are finally replacing the roof at my work. So I drive a car around the building on a test drive yesterday. Lo and behold there was a 4' fiberglass Ku dish on a flat roof mount in some construction debris along with a Dtv dish with a roof mount. They had been dropped two stories or so to the pavement. The right hand side of the dish is damaged some but everything else was unscathed. I claimed the dish and will be setting it up soon. I don't have a 4' setup yet so I am hopeful it will have better reception than my cheap metal 39" Ku dishes.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have any pictures of the dish?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a few pictures I took. The dish was dropped from the roof into the debris pile, I moved it to the grass before taking pictures. It is in the process of being setup today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

5. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried setting up the dish at 103w the last couple of days, first with an old lnbf I had from another dish. I then took the feed on it and cleaned it up and put a new Norsat LNB I had in storage. The old LNB that came with it had been packed with dirt. Still no transponder locks but I have some tree issues. I went ahead and ordered a new Sat finder that does dvb-s2. I will probably reposition the dish and try again later this week. I still have the new heated Prodelin in my garage but I would rather just set up this free dish.

7. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still haven't got a whiff of a transponder with this dish. I'll probably move it across the yard time permitting. I have a new Inverto c120 lnb purchased a while back that I will probably put on the factory mount(just need to find it). The dish is tweaked a bit from being tossed from the roof but I am confident I can find a good use for it. The norsat lnb I replaced the dirt packed one with hasn't worked so far. Model 4508A. Enclosed is a spec sheet for it:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rrob311; 09-06-2022 at 06:09 PM. Reason: spec sheet

9. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It turns out I have some tree issues at 103w. My other dish started having problems in the same spot a couple of years ago before I took it down due to the mount rotting away. So I spent some time the other night and got a solid lock on 89W. The dish has very good reception considering the damage. I'll probably move it early next week weather permitting and try to get 103w again. Experimenting with a cheap WSI lnb I have and the Norsat shows roughly a 20% difference in signal. The WSI is the higher one.

11. Thanks ViP3R, el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post