Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    4' Channel Master Ku dish recovery
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are finally replacing the roof at my work. So I drive a car around the building on a test drive yesterday. Lo and behold there was a 4' fiberglass Ku dish on a flat roof mount in some construction debris along with a Dtv dish with a roof mount. They had been dropped two stories or so to the pavement. The right hand side of the dish is damaged some but everything else was unscathed. I claimed the dish and will be setting it up soon. I don't have a 4' setup yet so I am hopeful it will have better reception than my cheap metal 39" Ku dishes.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have any pictures of the dish?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a few pictures I took. The dish was dropped from the roof into the debris pile, I moved it to the grass before taking pictures. It is in the process of being setup today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

5. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried setting up the dish at 103w the last couple of days, first with an old lnbf I had from another dish. I then took the feed on it and cleaned it up and put a new Norsat LNB I had in storage. The old LNB that came with it had been packed with dirt. Still no transponder locks but I have some tree issues. I went ahead and ordered a new Sat finder that does dvb-s2. I will probably reposition the dish and try again later this week. I still have the new heated Prodelin in my garage but I would rather just set up this free dish.

7. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still haven't got a whiff of a transponder with this dish. I'll probably move it across the yard time permitting. I have a new Inverto c120 lnb purchased a while back that I will probably put on the factory mount(just need to find it). The dish is tweaked a bit from being tossed from the roof but I am confident I can find a good use for it. The norsat lnb I replaced the dirt packed one with hasn't worked so far. Model 4508A. Enclosed is a spec sheet for it:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rrob311; 09-06-2022 at 06:09 PM. Reason: spec sheet

9. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It turns out I have some tree issues at 103w. My other dish started having problems in the same spot a couple of years ago before I took it down due to the mount rotting away. So I spent some time the other night and got a solid lock on 89W. The dish has very good reception considering the damage. I'll probably move it early next week weather permitting and try to get 103w again. Experimenting with a cheap WSI lnb I have and the Norsat shows roughly a 20% difference in signal. The WSI is the higher one.

11. Thanks ViP3R, el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post