Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Glad it arrived ok. Hope you can get the second tuner to blind scan.

What do you mean by "Heroes, Decades, and Start TV are not "mixing" tonight on 101w c band."?

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The second tuner blindscans.
    Many receivers cannot keep the Weigel channels such as Heroes and Decades properly separated. These channels will mix with Decades becoming Heroes or Heroes becoming Decades. When this happens, you end up with two channels displaying the same thing. I am surprised you do not know about this.

3. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
    Likes MikeB liked this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Many receivers cannot keep the Weigel channels such as Heroes and Decades properly separated. These channels will mix with Decades becoming Heroes or Heroes becoming Decades. When this happens, you end up with two channels displaying the same thing. I am surprised you do not know about this.
    So the plug and play tuner has the same spec as the built in tuner? What is the max SR? Looks to be the same kernel as the Mutant 60 that also has DMM blind scan.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought this problem was rectified a very long time ago.... didn't know this problem still existed or returned to create havoc with some tuners. Good to know though.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Wiegel channel problem on 101w c band has never really been rectified, resolved, or fixed. Some receivers have problems with these channels at times, while others do not.

Both DVB-S2X tuners appear to be the same. Shown below are the tuner specs.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<----------------->[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like

In my case on my Mio, running TNAP 4.0, (all the older TNAP's had the same issue though) I've had issues where when I try to tune in the Movies channel, Start West comes up instead. Annoying when it's a timer that's set, and you don't find out until you try to watch the recording sometime later. This happened very frequently, and ONLY these two channels "mix".

Anyway, I seem to have finally solved it by changing (moving) Movies from it's normal 3928 to 3927 H DVB-S QPSK 2734-5/6. The receiver now properly brings up Movies channel every time, when I have a timer set for it.

I simply deleted the 3928 entry for Movies, and did a Manual scan with the parameters of: 3927 H DVB-S QPSK 2734-5/6. It locked it there just as well, and apparently even just the 1Mhz difference to the far side away from Start West, was enough to make the difference. So, now it's effectively 5Mhz away from Start West, instead of only 4Mhz.

Yes, that means it's only 3Mhz away from Decades, BUT, that channel never interferes with Movies for whatever reason.

Anyway, I say all this in case it may help some people with this issue, as it worked for me.
    My name is Mike.
    My posting name at Satguys is Primestar31

9. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Received a reply to my emails....

Dear sir,

the blind scan needs some improvements for Ku band and needs to be added for C band completelly there in the Open Pli image.
    PULSe 4K has two DVB-S2X tuners at the maximum (it doesn´t have three tuners), just to have the clear info.

Thank you so much.
    Best Regards/S pozdravom,

Martin Durinsky
    Service Technician

11. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got similar reply from AB-COM about DVB-S2 blindscan today. Offers to assist with blindscan have been made. Let's give them the opportunity to make the needed corrections.
    And I should have clarified the number of tuners. I thought the second tuner had two DVB-S2X but in reality it has One DVB-S2X port and One Loop Out.

13. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watch for date changes in their files.
    This should be where changes or improvements show up first: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

15. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am very glad to hear they are open to assisting with corrections or maybe even some improvements. No third tuner is disappointing though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast