1. Collapse Details
    GT Media V8 UHD 4K receiver, any opinions on it?
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hi-
    I am thinking of upgrading to a 4K receiver, and this GT Media one is the only receiver I have seen for less than $200 in the USA.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Do any of you own one? I dislike its ugly stand-up form factor, but there seem to be no other low-priced alternatives for casual use (true FTA signals, I do not do the hacking stuff). Thanks!

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Usually and in general, any fta receiver that advertises this: Supports CA Smart Card, Biss Auto-roll will be a crappy fta receiver. Things like motor control and other basic fta functions may or may not work. APSK transponders may or may not be received....etc. Support will probably be next to none. At the end of the day, it is what you need the receiver to do that counts.

If you just want to tune a few fta channels that may have to be manually entered, then this receiver will probably be a good low cost option. I write these things based on other receivers I have owned that are similar to this one. I have no actual experiences with this particular model.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the quick reply! I may try it out since I can at least just send it back if it has too many problems. Maybe I should find out how much 4K content is out there before I go too far, I only know of the NASA channel as of now.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very little in 4K right now. Some feeds every now and then.
    For the money, you do not have much to lose. Please let us know how it works, and if my imagination of how it will perform is correct.