Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Duo2 Blindscan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    EB, using the current blindscan for SDG which is working without any problems....

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Any possibility of trying the Mio blindscan for the Duo2 for testing?

Thanks.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What exactly are you wanting? Do you want the same Blindscan plugin for the Duo2 that is used in TNAP?

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, if not too much trouble...

4. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If there was no success, then I will connect the Duo2 and find out why.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks EB, it installed fine.

Will do more scans.

7. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    EB, flashed the PLI image version 9, 02-04-2024 and tried loading the blindscan plugin. It obviously didn't install due to EOL for PLI images for this receiver.

I installed the TNAP blindscan you gave me z-git5201+6bc4768-r0 but it produces this error:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] but still no go. Have you got a version that will work with PLI version 9?

Also, when I flashed the PLI image with out restoring settings, I was expecting a virgin setup. When I go to setup the tuners and select the advanced setting, all the prior settings are still in memory from my prior setup.
    If I change one setting and save, then select config mode red then save and select delete all, it will still retain all prior settings in the advanced config menu. How can I make the four tuners show up with virgin settings?

Also tried deleting all the nims from the settings file and cleaned out the lamedb and lamedb5 files, but this created more headaches. The advanced settings still seem to be retained no matter what I delete.

Thanks

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the blindscan plugin, you are trying to use a python 2 file in a python 3 image. This will not work, and this is why it is complaining about the parenthesis.

Pretty much the same for the backup with settings. You are trying to use backup files from a python 2 image in a python 3 image. you can expect errors. Check the hard drive for a folder named backup and remove it from the receiver Do not delete it because you can use some of it. Reload the image, but this time select a slot --Without backup. Carefully follow the receiver while it loads and boots to completion. If it finds a backup, it will ask to install it. Select NO.

You may unpack the files in the backup folder. Determine which backup was the latest and unpack it. the lamedb and lamedb5 can be transferred to the OpenPLi 9 enigma2 folder, first though, telnet and init 4. Review the settings file that was unpacked from your back-up folder. It should be able to go into the receiver "as is", but remove anything no longer needed in the settings file as it can become messy over time.

Also, remember that lamedb and lamed5 depend on the satellites.xml file they were created with. OpenPLi 9 will have a different satellites.xml file, so you will need the original satellites.xml from python 2. Else, transfer the settings file and re-scan your satellites.

So these are the files you need from a python 2 backup to install in a python 3 image:
    lamedb
    lamedb5
    settings
    satellites.xml that was used to make the lamedb file.

The blindscan plugin from a TNAP 5 multi-boot image should work. Download a TNAP5 multi-boot image such AS sf8008. Then unpack it to get receiver files. Steal the blindscan plugin folder and install it in the OpenPLi 9 image. (It should work). Steal the ServiceScan.pyc from Both Components and Screens folders then install them in the OpenPLi 9 image. Now you are ready for init 3 in telnet.

I would suggest maybe splitting this in two stepts and transfer the settings, lamedb(2), and proper satellites.xml. Then go back and get the blindscan folder and the ServiceScan files. All of this should work because TNAP5 and OpenPLi 9 are based on the same python build.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks EB, this should keep me quite busy while I wait for the supreme to arrive..... it's still having a beer break in Germany, lol.

11. Likes el bandido liked this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You probably have the better part of two more weeks to wait for the Supreme.

Good DHL shipping for a packaged box the size fitting the Supreme is 50 Euro or roughly 55 U.S. dollars from Europe to the United States. This amount is what you can expect DREAMPORTUGAL or anyone else in Europe using DHL from point a in Europe to point b in the United States. DHL shipping normally takes 4-5 days or about a week for me. U.S. Customs clearance for DHL is started in Europe and completed usually before the package is in the United States

13. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    EB, had to install Backupsuite folder from the SF8008 multiboot zip since it was missing in the PLI flash. Then had to install enigma2-plugin-extensions-backupsuite.control in directory var_lib_opkg_info because it was missing. Then had to change permission of backuphdd.sh to 777. Finally tried to make a backup and getting error:

Searched in the SF8008 zip file and could not find nanddump to copy to the Duo2.

15. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast