I started this thread because every time VU+ releases a new product, someone in North America buys it and is dissatisfied with the fta performance. VU+ produces a good quality product that is pretty much useless for fta operations in North America. I am sure these products work as designed in other parts of the world where subscriptions for fta receivers are available.

VU+ products are not designed for fta use, and will not work correctly on the fta satellites in North America. We need features such as blindscan, and a decent signal meter. Vu+ does not care about a signal meter, and advertises blindscan features that either do not work at all or perform very poorly. Vu+ does have good hardware for most of their receivers, but Vu+ performance and features is designed for subscription services, and not for fta signal reception.

Vu+ has some good graphics and good skins in their flagship BlackHole image, but everything else besides the skin and graphics is old and out of date. There is no provision for c band blindscan in BlackHole images, and overall, the BlackHole image belongs in a fta museum that specializes in relics of the past. Realizing how out of date the BlackHole image is, a newer version called Open BlackHole was released a few years ago. The Open BlackHole image is pretty much an OpenVix image with a few BlackHole skins and menus installed.

Here are a few examples of being inept, and not understanding what fta features are for or how fta receivers are supposed to operate:

Blindscan working, not working or we don't know.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Blindscan possible??? (Not answered as of today)

Signal meter issues (seriously?)
I really do not know ,because I am not an image coder.
I do almost exclusively skins and image testing.
I'm not sure the BH coder wants to change the VU + base coding.
In principle, these things should be fixed by VU + maybe you can send them,which they might include in the update.
You know there are a lot of things that could be changed but then we would go beyond the VU + coding base.
That's why we created the Open Black Hole image.
But if you make a fix I can ask the coder if he wants it to change.

Diseqc motor issue (Not Answered)

Problems with C band TP (Uh, What the hell is c band?)

Trying to contact VU+ directly about receiver problems or issues is futile. Vu+ will not answer any questions or have any kind of conversation or even acknowledgement that problems exist.

Best of luck to anyone that purchases a new Vu+ receiver for use in North America. EB