I need a cheap lnb for a c band dish install, and decided to try the dual feedhorn arrangement that is currently sold at AliExpress. An order for this dual lnb feedhorn was placed yesterday. My cost for this dual lnb feedhorn including shipping was $60.26 and is supposed to include to c band lnbs.

It is interesting to note that Tek2000 sells a China dual lnb feedhorn with lnbs included. Tek2000 wants $266.00 for their version of the China dual lnb feed horn which is $200.00 more than a comparable setup from AliExpress. I do not mind paying a bit more for the product if I can buy it from a North American vendor, but I will not pay 4 times the price, which is what Tek2000 wants.

The drawback to buying from AliExpress is the shipping time that usually takes a month or longer. First, you place the order, and then it may take several days for the vendor to get paid. Shipping does not occur until the vendor is paid. Most items purchased from AliExpress are shipped by ePacket, and may take a month or longer to arrive.

Most c band satellite systems in North America will use a lnbf for c band. The difference between a lnb and a lnbf is the lnbf has the feedhorn built into the lnb whereas the lnb has no feedhorn. So the c band lnb system I will be getting from AliExpress should consists of 4 parts which are: the dual lnb feedhorn, two c band lnbs, and a scalar ring.

I do not expect to see much if any performance advantages when using the dual lnb feedhorn as compared to using a lnbf. The reason being is that both the dual lnb feedhorn and any lnbf are cheap parts. All of the fta satellite dishes that report the best performance are using the dual lnb feedhorn on satellite systems that are capable of receiving two polarities at the same time. But the satellite systems that have the best performance are using parts that cost five or ten times what I paid for the AliExpress package.

Here is what I purchased from AliExpress:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Here is what Tek2000 wants for the same or similar products Without Shipping Costs:

I will compare the dual feedhorn to a lnbf when the product arrives. Most likely, this will be a month or more. I also suggest to avoid purchasing anything from Tek2000 due to high product cost. Everything they sell is overpriced and usually over-rated. These Are Not Commercial Feeds, but Tek2000 has them listed as such.