Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Looks like another op tried ordering a dish from the Ireland vendor and his order was rejected too. The op found a link to ebay for a Channel Master 84e glass dish with lnbf for $46 + shipping. So I offered $40 and it was accepted.

The shipping is expensive, but I don't want to waste any more time with the Euro suppliers.

This dish will replace my DTV AT9 dish for 87 ku which measures 29 x 25 inches and provides a 8.2-8.5 db signal on the LPB mux. The News Source mux comes in at 11.5db, so no problems there. The LPB mux always worked fine for the last four or five years at usually 10.0 db, but within the last eight months or so, the signal has dropped to the 8 db level or sometimes lower to even zero.

The 84e measures roughly 39.75w x 30h, so it should bring the LPB mux back to a normal signal for me.

In my neck of the woods, the 84e dishes are extremely rare on Craigs list. The DTV Slimlines are going for $40 to $90 and which are not as good as the old AT9's. So, quite happy the op posted the site for the 84e.

Delivery is for Nov 1st by donkey.
    Last edited by eastof111; 10-22-2018 at 07:39 PM.

2. Thanks el bandido, Megatron817, ViP3R, mengram thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    Well, thought I had a winner here, but just checked my emails and got the following:

Support @ FreeTV.ie <support@freetv.ie>
    Tue 10/2/2018, 2:48 PM

hi

sorry we will have to cancel this order

as we cant guarantee that the satellite dish

traveling that distance will not get damaged

i have passed the paperwork to accounts to do a refund
    --

Regards,

Neal.

Address: FreeTV.ie, Unit 6, Dublin Road Business Park, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 DP98.
    Web: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Email: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    After receiving a credit via email on 10-02-18, I totally forgot about it and thought the transaction was null and void. Today, received my Amex statement and there was a discrepancy of about 24 euros. Turns out they did not credit the shipping charges and transaction fees. I guess the (accounts dept.) assumed the shipping charges did not apply since the order was never shipped. Spent 50 minutes with Amex to correct the error and have the credit applied. I am guessing it was an honest mistake by the accounts dept. But, still a pita to get it rectified.

4. Thanks ViP3R, el bandido, mengram thanked for this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234