Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Technomate ku mesh dish
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Spotted a sale on the WOS (world of Sats) site for a Technomate 97cm (38.1 inch) mesh ku dish. Thought what the heck, I would like to try it and emailed them to see what the total cost would be to my address. They replied quickly and informed me they do not sell dishes to U.S. customers.
    Too bad, since I figured the shipping weight would be just a tad more than a Vu+ Duo2 receiver.

Continued searching other vendors in Euro land and have not had any replies to date. Should anyone come across a vendor that offers this dish and ships to the U.S., please let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eastof111; 09-20-2018 at 10:36 PM.

2. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Postage:
    £49.99 Parcelforce Global Express | See details
    See details about international postage here.
    help icon for delivery - opens a layer

Item location:
    Sale, United Kingdom

Posts to:
    Worldwide
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I may know some peeps that would buy it for you, but shipping stateside could be the cost of 3 of them.

Do a UPS shipping quote for the size of the package and total weight, calculate it from London UK to your addy.

You also have to do US/UK customs and export/import forms, and these will cost you also.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The dish on EBay.uk is about $105.00 U.S. shipped and is the cheapest price including shipping that I can find right now.
    I regularly buy products from vendors in other countries and I never have to worry with US/UK customs and export/import forms. These purchases are less than $750.00 U.S. per transaction, and are for personal use. The vendor or seller fills out the forms needed for shipping into the U.S. Larger transactions or items being shipped for resale will usually have some extra charges.

Private party is different, and I have to do the customs form which usually takes a minute or two when shipping something to Canada or other countries.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys.... EB the site you posted is for a 80 cm dish... so I emailed the seller to see if he can get the 97 cm dish. Hopefully he can. I figure the shipping should be around $70-75 compared to the 80 cm at $65. Nice looking dish, would really like to compare it to the DTV dish I am using for 87 ku.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know of anyone that makes a 97cm dish. Most likely, some fool is measuring a 90cm offset dish from top to bottom which is not correct. This is usually the case where you see a strange number for the dish size. Be sure to ask what is actually being measured before ordering.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is an example:

90cm Solid Satellite Dish
    Diameter: 97cm x 88m
    Material: Zinc Phosphate Steel
    Offset Angle: 26°
    Frequency: 10.70-12.75GHz
    Coating Finish: Polyester Powder
    LNB Holder: 40mm
    Colour: Dark Grey
    Quite common to fudge or misrepresent satellite dish or any other fta specs.

9. Likes filister liked this post
  10. Collapse Details
    exagerrated features
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Here is an example:

Quite common to fudge or misrepresent satellite dish or any other fta specs.
    Yup, Your c&p of the features points out a typo on their part too. Supposedly a 90 cm effective aperture?

If that dish is 88 meters wide that is one hell of a toroidal dish.

11. Likes el bandido liked this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Found another manufacturer of 97cm ku mesh dishes. Hopefully, they will lead me to a dealer that will ship to the U.S. The ebay vendor in earlier post above contacted me saying he only had the 80 cm available, but in solid format, not mesh.
    Attached Files Attached Files

13. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The average fta lnb sees the satellite dish as a perfect circle. More material is added at the top and bottom of the offset dish so the lnb will not see the ground or area behind the dish. This is done because the lnb is offset, so the long axis of the offset dish will have extra length that is not illuminated by the lnb. The short axis is what is closer to the usable size for satellite reception.

From your link.
    Small Axis Diameter
    87 cm
    Long Axis Diameter
    97 cm

That dish is 3cm short of being a 90 cm dish. The usable area for satellite reception would not be 97cm.

Try Alibaba. I am sure they will have what you are looking for, but it is hard to find a vendor on that site who will ship a single dish (piece).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast