Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    As the old saying goes.... it takes a village to solve the problem... LOL

If the hard core members there would post their sf8008 problems in some other forums, i.e., PLI, SDG, ATV, etc., they might get their problems resolved much quicker.

The only advantage I see ordering from Rick, is that he will stand by his sale should something go south with the product. This to me is more advantageous even if I do have to pay a higher price. This eliminates having to deal with emails or phone calls and shipping over the pond.

Plus, with Rick ordering products in bulk from across the pond, will at least attract some attention with the suppliers rather then individual N.A. purchases. I hope.

2. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The hard core or any other member would not really need to post on another forum if proper support was being provided. Most other forums do not understand the issues in North America to begin with, and the people that are doing the posting really have no idea how to explain things so they can be easily understood on other forums.

It would be nice to order products here in North America, but I see little if any reason or incentive to do so. Electronic equipment like fta receivers does not have a high failure rate. I have yet to receive one receiver that was ordered from outside the United States that did not work on arrival. None have been Dead On Arrival, and I have been ordering fta receivers from outside the United States for at least 7 years now.

Enigma2 receiver support is not hard to provide, unless you are only interested in making money..
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Thanks Megatron817, eastof111 thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "The hard core or any other member would not really need to post on another forum if proper support was being provided." Don't really see that happening with Rick's site or any other local forum currently.

"Electronic equipment like fta receivers does not have a high failure rate." Unless you buy inexpensive units which are prone to raise the odds of failure.

In regards to failed receivers... Recently ordered a receiver via ebay that advertised as shipping from LAX. Over two weeks later I received the unit and and figured the delay was due to the holidays. I was quite surprised to see a return shipping label with a China address. So much for advertising honesty.

Played with the unit for about a week and then it failed to boot. Tried original vendor forum plus googling for answers with no results.

Emailed seller and requested new unit or a refund. Received suggestions to try new cables, unplug/replug, change batteries in r/c, replace p/s, etc. Including some suggestions which were ridiculous.

After more emails, got fed up and called Amex and explained the situation and they credited my account on the spot. A week later both ebay and paypal finally emailed indicating case was closed.

At this point I would still buy a receiver if it is available at a known U.S. vendor. Doing this hopefully shows to the overseas supplier that there is an fta market in the U.S. I prefer to keep the bucks here rather than reward someone else that I do not know regarding returns. The fta U.S. market is stagnant at this point, but at least the current U.S. vendors are still in business.

Sending suggestions of what you think would help sell to your U.S. vendor might assist them in staying in business a while longer and maybe improve the fta scene. If they are determined to continue business as usual, they deserve to go belly up and we all lose.

6. Thanks Megatron817, el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is alot of ebay sellers that don't really even have the product. After you order from them they order it and have it sent to you. I got stuff that was ordered on ebay and shipped from amazon before. I don't like resellers half the time I order it then they can't get it so they just issue a refund saying after you ordered we sold out but yet when the order was placed it showed plenty available.

8. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R, eastof111 thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron817 View Post
    There is alot of ebay sellers that don't really even have the product. After you order from them they order it and have it sent to you. I got stuff that was ordered on ebay and shipped from amazon before. I don't like resellers half the time I order it then they can't get it so they just issue a refund saying after you ordered we sold out but yet when the order was placed it showed plenty available.
    Not only that, they lie about location..I needed a tool for my car and ordered from ebay since they said item was in Calgary where I live, so I figured..great I'll get it in a couple of days at most.
    NOT.........It came from China 5 weeks later..lmfao

click click b00m

10. Thanks Megatron817, el bandido, eastof111 thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is not a good idea to buy fta receivers or any other electronic devices from Ebay because it is often used as a dump for rejects. So I am not really surprised to hear a fta receiver purchased from Ebay failed to work.

I have spent a lot of time getting features to work correctly on enigma2 receivers in North America. My contributions on the hard stuff such as adding usb devices has been limited to debugging. I find it disgusting that someone wants to make money from the sale of enigma2 receivers, but is too damn lazy to do any work to make the product perform on our terrestrial services.

12. Thanks Megatron817, eastof111 thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "too damn lazy to do any work to make the product perform on our terrestrial services."

Could be he just has a myopic view of receivers and only sees fta or $$$, but at least for now he has dipped his toe in E2 waters. More so than other dealers.

14. Likes el bandido liked this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could actually buy a SF8008 from Rick. I am sure he would appreciate the monetary support. I do not see the SF8008 as being a bad receiver, but it does have a different architect for the chipset. So it may take some time and Effort to get things working correctly.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

16. Thanks eastof111, ViP3R thanked for this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You could actually buy a SF8008 from Rick".... and use it for a door stop?

Still need four tuners like the Duo2.

A = bud B = open C = fixed ku dishes D = motorized ku dish.

Thinking of adding another motorized dish to B since I don't have room for another bud.

18. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  19. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    More of the blind leading the blind. Where do these guys get their setup information from? Maybe ask Huevos since he wrote the code for the blindscan plugin?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Here is what user Defined Settings for a 10750 lnb should look like:
    LOF/L = 10750
    LOF/H =10750
    Treshold = 10750
    22KHz tone = OFF

Other settings may work, but the person who wrote the code says what is listed above should be used.

20. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes Megatron817, chewie, eastof111 liked this post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast