atvcaptain [webkit] add New hbbtv plugin

Ready on ALL Images!
    Für alle Images Online!
    Tüm Imajlara Online!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

SF4008 Product Video:

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice video..... any info as to when the 5008 will debut and what are the specs? Namely, # and type of tuners, blindscan, flash multiboot (not plugin), codecs, etc., etc.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are saying sometime in June2018 for the SF5008. No other real information besides that.

I am not interested in any Octagon product after the problems I have had with the SF4008. Best of luck to anyone paying money for the new SF5008. You can be sure that what is promised or what is advertised will not be what you get!

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    But, but the video was WELL made.... ahem.

Will probably try out the Gigablue 4k with four tuners if they ever decide to get their act together, or unless something better pops up soon.

5. Likes el bandido liked this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately the video is better than the receiver. Good luck with the Gigalblue blindscan> FBC tuners are not supported in the blindscan plugin. I do not think Gigablue has a Si tuner option.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully, Giga will out their long promised plug and play blindscan tuners for the 4k by summer. If not, they will be just another vendor to add to the NG list.

8. Collapse Details
    Abertis-tdt on Hispasat 30°W with octagon sf 4008 open8eight image perfect
    Post Thanks / Like
    Abertis-tdt on Hispasat 30°W with octagon sf 4008 open8eight image perfect (sin cortes)

Last edited by sami noor; 05-02-2018 at 04:03 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    They are saying sometime in June2018 for the SF5008. No other real information besides that.

I am not interested in any Octagon product after the problems I have had with the SF4008. Best of luck to anyone paying money for the new SF5008. You can be sure that what is promised or what is advertised will not be what you get!
    Octagon sf 4008 was the first box with DVB-S2X/MULTISTREAM/PLS/PLP/TI-M2 UHD E2 and it's avery good box with powerfull processor and tuner , i tested ZERO4K /DM 920 bad blindscan bad tuners skip lot of frequencies DMM 9x0 can't scrrenshot UHD channels , lot of freezes on abertis .
    about blindscan dvb-s company work hard on it and it will be only be patient please
    SF 5008 will be in end of june or debut july with a powerfull processor too + FBC DVB-S2X MULTISTREAM /T2/C PnP tuner and blindscan , 2HDMI in+out), 2GB RAM , 8GB EMMC , 4 USB ports and more ...
    Last edited by sami noor; 05-02-2018 at 04:18 PM. Reason: test error

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah....Sure....

Esmos posted that Octagon SF4008 would have blindscan in February 2017. Where is it?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

My SF4008 could never recognize an internal hard drive, then the Internet (RJ45) connection quit working. Looks like the SF4008 receiver was made in China. My Zero 4K has an acceptable blindscan. The Zero 4K has Made in Korea stamped on it.

The SF4008 has audio issues and 60Hz issues for some users. These problems started after Kodi was introduced.

Most recently, the SF4008 was giving people problems loading images or updating images. The SF4008 would get stuck in boot. Octagon could not be bothered to give instructions on connecting the RS232 debug. We asked for this when the boot problems started. RS232 debug shows where the boot hangs...

Overall, Sf4008 coding has been poor and support has been poor. I could care less how great the SF5008 is going to be. The SF4008 needs to be fixed before I consider getting another Octagon product.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find the Zero 4K to have a better tuner than the SF4008. The Zero 4K can find more channels than the Sf4008. Look at the videos in the link and you will see. The Zero 4K finds channels on the 16 and 32 apsk transponders at 111.1w. The Octagon SF4008 cannot.

Video Link to SF4008 vs Zero 4K: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The Sf4008 can receive some 16 apsk transponders and receive the channels on them. But only on tuner B. Tuner A can lock a 16apsk transponder but cannot get the channels. This is why I used tuner B in the video. Octagon said they would fix this bug but they needed a 16apsk TS file. I took the time to make the TS file and uploaded it to the Internet. I sent Octagon the key to download the file, but they never bothered to download it. Little wonder why people are upset with Octagon and their SF4008.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast