Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hey eastof111 do you find the problem recordings to be just ATSC channels? I don't do a lot of recording and the few times I seen the problem I just so happened to be using the SatDreamGr image and it was ATSC recordings. I assumed only SatDreamGr had the problem but I went back to Openpli and recorded the same ATSC channel as this morning and found the problem also on Openpli. The channel was my ATSC NBC. The recorded ATSC FOX it seemed fine then I recorded ATSC PBS it had the problem. Last nights 12 minute recording was ATSC CBS and it was fine. All satellite recording I have done have always been fine no problem.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely something in the some ATSC stations broadcasts. Just recorded a rerun of the big bang theory. It's the same definition 1080i as NBC and PBS and had no problems at all with play back forward and reverse.

3. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me the reboot has to be done when I am recording a program, whether C or ku or atsc, whether one, two or three recordings at once and then watch a prior recorded item that may be two days or a few weeks old. The prior recordings all play fine for me. I don't think the recordings have any bearing in this bug. I think it's the "how many times' and "how fast" you push the << >> and then the > buttons.

Due to the reboots involved, the timer seems to have a hard time keeping track of where it must restart recording upon reboot. This is especially true if you have two or more recordings that were interrupted. I think this is also the cause of the hard drive corruption which causes the timer and instant record to not function later.

The recordings that have to be restarted by the timer after a reboot will be out of sequence time wise and are worthless to me, even though they play fine unless I start pushing the << >> or > buttons.

5. Thanks Megatron817, el bandido thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess OpenATV does not have this problem or issue?
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll install the latest ATV this week and see what happens.

I did try an older ATV and VIX in multiboot a few weeks ago to see if the timer and instant record worked while it was not working with SDG. It did not work with ATV or VIX either, so that's when I decided to check the hard drive with Win10.

After reinstalling the hard drive the instant recording worked fine again in all three images. But I never got around to try timer recordings with ATV or VIX.
    Last edited by eastof111; 10-22-2018 at 11:48 PM.

8. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I found in common with my PBS and NBC stations is they both have six streams or channels within their transport stream each and both stations share their transport stream with another station so there is four stations on two frequencies. I believe when a program is recorded it records the whole transport stream so maybe some of that extra data is what causes a problem.
    Last edited by Megatron817; 10-23-2018 at 05:54 AM.

10. Thanks el bandido, eastof111 thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron817 View Post
    One thing I found in common with my PBS and NBC stations is they both have six streams or channels within their transport stream each and both stations share their transport stream with another station so there is four stations on two frequencies. I believe when a program is recorded it records the whole transport stream so maybe some of that extra data is what causes a problem.
    Try this....

Just record any c or ku or atsc program, then select a prior recorded program that you know is good. Play it while the recording is in progress and press the >> to bypass the commercials, then press << to back track because you over shot the program, then press the >> again because you over shot the program by rewinding, then finally press the > to play.

If you do this a few times during the night, after watching a few other recorded programs, it should produce the freeze. It depends on how many times you press the key combinations and how fast they're pressed. It usually does for me. But, I have to say it usually occurs when using anything over 8x speed or more in either direction.

I've been trying to avoid doing the quick key presses because I don't want to corrupt the hard drive, even though I know it will happen again.

12. Thanks el bandido, Megatron817 thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alright I tried while recording a ku wild feed program and playing a known good ATSC (The CW) recording and I never got it to freeze up.
    Tried while recording an ATSC station (CBS) while playing the same known good ATSC (The CW) recording and it froze up.
    Strange because my CBS recordings are fine and the CW recordings are fine.
    Also tried while recoring an ATSC station (CBS) while playing a known good ATSC (CBS) recording and it never froze up.
    Strange also how recording CBS and playing back a CBS recording had no problem where The CW did.
    Then tried recording ku (ABC NEWS One feed) while playing the known good ATSC (The CW) and it never froze.
    So far I'm only seeing the problem with ATSC recordings.All satellite recordings are fine while recording ATSC even the known bad recording channels(NBC,PBS,Their sub channels and shared Stations).

14. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. Looks like this bug is going to be around for a while since its so intermittent.

16. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    BlackHole is either hacked or gone...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

18. Thanks Megatron817, rayydio thanked for this post