Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Attached is a folder that has my all of my recent blindscan files in it. These files are generated every time a satellite is scanned. The stock blindscan plugin stores these files in /tmp, which is emptied when a reboot or hard boot of the receiver is done. My modified blindscan plugin stores these files in the "etc/scce" folder which is attached. This folder is not emptied during a reboot. I also took all of the satellites that I blindscanned and combined them into a satellites.xml file which I use in my receiver. It is nice to have a good list of transponders for each satellite, and this is what you get when you blindscan the satellites, then make a file out of the results. The satellites.xml that I made is also in the attached folder.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Likes eastof111 liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello EB
    I installed the OpenATV back in the flash, and initialized the HHD, I don't think these files are still there, I also installed the openmultiboot in the HDD and is working just fine, installed the OpenPLI AND VIX image on multiboot and they are all blindscaning with no problems.
    Hope you get the PR KIT SOON.
    Regards.
    Chewie

4. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tracking shows I should get my pvr kit today.

I alter the blindscan plugin and do other things to the images by decompressing or extracting the root files system, then compressing it back after I make my changes. A thread on how to do that is here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Several vendors will ship fta products to North America. FTA dealers are fast becoming extinct in our part of the world, so we have added forum sections to advertise the vendors or sellers that will ship to North America for a reasonable price.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

6. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blindscan works using universal lnb IF a 22KHz tone generator is inserted in the feed line for the lnb. The blindscan binary located in usr/bin controls the 22KHz tone switching in a blindscan. Vu+ will have to fix this because the blindscan binary is closed source. We will see...

8. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Zero 4K blindscan continues to work great. Most c band satellites will complete a blindscan in 4 to 5 minutes without missing any channels. 111.1W c band seems to take the longest of any to complete (usually 10-12 minutes).

There are 32 apsk tests on 111.1w tonight? I have logged a 32 and 16 apsk transponder with channels. It looks like this is a test since the same channels are duplicated on 3 transponders. Screencaps and scan log attached.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

10. Thanks chewie, eastof111, ViP3R thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Vu+ Zer 4K is the only fta receiver that I have that will get the three muxes on 111.1W.
    I made a video showing the qpsk, 16apsk, and 32 apsk muxes on 111.1W working. My Octagon SF4008 gets a signal on the 111.1W 16 and 32 apsk transponders, but it does not return any channels in a scan. My OS Mini gets a signal on the 16 apsk transponder, but does not get a signal on the 32 apsk transponder. The OS Mini does not return any channels when scanning the 16 apsk transponder at 111.1W.

A video showing the 111.1W muxes, followed by a blindscan of 116.8 is in the link.

I have made adjustments to the blindscan plugin which increased the blindscan speed. There was a flag specifying a network scan which is useless for North American FTA. I removed the network scan flag which speeds up the Service scan. The Zero 4K found 51 transponders and scanned them for channels in a little over 8 minutes. This is not a record-breaking speed, but it is acceptable to me. And the blindscan time is not really that bad, considering it is a scan for low symbol rate transponders, and includes DVB-S2X. Very few fta receivers have this capability.

12. Thanks eastof111, chewie, iccoldbeer thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a link to a video of 111.1W blindscan. This blindscan takes the longest amount of time for finding transponders, but the Zero 4K does manage to log both 16 and 32 APSK transponders with channels on this satellite. No other fta receiver that I own can do this.

14. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems there is a line of code that gives us problems in blindscan. The problem description is blindscan for transponders does not take very long, but the service scan for channels in the found transponders can take an unusual amount of time.
    I find there is a line of code in the enigma2 blindscan that forces a network scan for the found transponders. A network scan works great in Europe where satellites are designed for it, but a network scan in North America only causes the transponder to search for something that does not exist! Here is the code that causes this:
    def startScan(self, tlist, feid, networkid = 0):
    self.scan_session = None
    flags = self.scan_networkScan.value and eComponentScan.scanNetworkSearch or 0
    The fix is easy enough:
    def startScan(self, tlist, feid, networkid = 0):
    self.scan_session = None
    flags = 0
    I guess this has been slowing the blindscan in the Vu+ Duo2 and the Edision OS Mini. I would also "guess" this is the reason that the blindscan is terribly slow on the Linkbox receivers which are closed source.

A Network Search or Network Scan is great for other parts of the world, but it should be avoided and not used in North America unless maybe you are scanning a Dishnet bird or other pay satellite service.

16. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
    Likes ViP3R liked this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, menu>setup>service searching>blindscan>network scan....

Setting it to Off/On has no effect in speed changes due to the current coding?

Will have to try a blindscan tomorrow and compare speeds.

18. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  19. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Seems there is a line of code that gives us problems in blindscan. The problem description is blindscan for transponders does not take very long, but the service scan for channels in the found transponders can take an unusual amount of time.
    I find there is a line of code in the enigma2 blindscan that forces a network scan for the found transponders. A network scan works great in Europe where satellites are designed for it, but a network scan in North America only causes the transponder to search for something that does not exist! Here is the code that causes this:

The fix is easy enough:

I guess this has been slowing the blindscan in the Vu+ Duo2 and the Edision OS Mini. I would also "guess" this is the reason that the blindscan is terribly slow on the Linkbox receivers which are closed source.

A Network Search or Network Scan is great for other parts of the world, but it should be avoided and not used in North America unless maybe you are scanning a Dishnet bird or other pay satellite service.
    Nice find EB!

click click b00m