Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Most enigma2 images will not display DVB-S2X when a DVB-S2X transponder is found in a blindscan or identified with signal finder or sat finder plugins. The reason for this is DVB-S2X is not defined in the enigma2 sources. The SiLabs tuners that are DVB-S2X capable can Auto Detect some transponder settings. Almost all enigma2 receivers will display a DVB-S2X transponder as DVB-S2. The only way to tell for sure is by looking at the debug log while the receiver is blindscanning.

Vu+ is a bit different and has their own version of enigma2.
    The Vu+ version of enigma2 has added the files needed to detect DVB-S2X transponders correctly, but the Vu+ image is not very useful for other things and it has many issues that no one cares to fix. BlackHole is based on the Vu+ image and will properly display a scanned DVB-S2X transponder as seen in the attached screencap. Maybe one day this feature will be added to other images, but until it is, DVB-S2X transponders will be logged as DVB-S2 except in the debug log.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the knowledge EB. I moved that Open black hole Blind scan plugin yesterday to OpenPli 6.2 release and it is in working condition.

4. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your blindscan file will be overwritten when you do an image update that contains updates in the blindscan plugin. Here is how to stop that from happening:
    (A Good Idea to backup image First!)
    (1) Install DreamExplorer located under extensions in downloadable plugins.
    (2) Make a folder on the root drive of the receiver file system or at some other location in the receiver files. (I make a folder named 1 in root)
    (3) Use DreamExplorer to move the blindscan binary (see attached screencap) located in usr/bin to the new folder you created in the receiver.
    (4) Go to Downloadable Plugins and press the red remote button. Remove the Blindscan plugin under System plugins.
    (5) Reboot box.
    (6) Use DreamExplorer to move the blindscan binary that you stored back to usr/bin. Reinstall the Blindscan folder into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins
    (7) Reboot box and test blindscan. It will work if everything was done correctly, and it will not be touched in a future update.
    (8) Delete your temporary folder that was made earlier.

There are several ways to do this, but I prefer this method.The blindscan binary is real picky about working again once it is moved out of the receiver due to Ownership and/or permissions. This is why I keep the blindscan binary in the receiver the whole time instead of doing a simple ftp transfer. This is a little bit of work, but only needs to be done one time.

6. Thanks Megatron817, eastof111, rayydio thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    SatDreamGr has added multi-stream blindscan to the image. This feature will only be available in receivers that support it. Looks like this is trying to work in the Zero 4K. I understood the new Edision receiver was the first to have multi-stream blindscan? Do not know what to make of this in the Zero 4K. Do Not alter the blindscan plugin or install another blindscan plugin if you want to test this on Zero 4K receivers.

Link to image: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Install image, followed by online update or Telnet update using:
    opkg update
    opkg upgrade

8. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had been using the satdreamgr image but it has a problem with the fast forward while playing back a recording. If you try to skip forward/fast forward once you get to 16x or faster it would hangup with just a spinner and a still picture on screen you can hear the hard drive winding up and down a power off with the rear switch is required. the problem started with the satdreamgr pli-5 9/6/2018 file and the new satdreamgr-6 also has the problem.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron817 View Post
    I had been using the satdreamgr image but it has a problem with the fast forward while playing back a recording. If you try to skip forward/fast forward once you get to 16x or faster it would hangup with just a spinner and a still picture on screen you can hear the hard drive winding up and down a power off with the rear switch is required. the problem started with the satdreamgr pli-5 9/6/2018 file and the new satdreamgr-6 also has the problem.
    For me this has been on going with SDG since about January (if I remember correctly). It really amplifies the problem if one presses the > button too quickly after initiating << or >>. The reboot corrects the problem, but it will mess up any recordings in progress. Also, if you do this process enough times over a few months, it will corrupt your hard drive to the point of making the timer or instant record inoperative for recordings.

Too correct this temporarily, I had to remove the drive and hook it up to Windows and do a chkdsk. After the drive was repaired and installed back to my Duo2, everything works fine again. No files were lost in the process. But I did transfer files to Windows 10 first just in case something went south with the hard drive.

By the way, did a health check on the hard drive while in Windows 10 using a program called HD Sentinal and the SMART check showed the drive to be in excellent condition after the chkdsk.

I hope they fix this bug in the image soon.
    Last edited by eastof111; 10-19-2018 at 01:14 AM.

11. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I reloaded my SatDreamGr 6 Backup and did the online update to get the updated blindscan plugin and now the recording play back fast forward bug appears to be fixed also. only did a 12 min. recording and ran it forward and backward quite a few times and it never hung so maybe it is fixed.

13. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never did see the fast forward or the reverse bug in recordings. Not to say it did not or does not exist, I just never saw it because I never use those features much. When I did test fast forward and reverse, they worked.

The new blindscan plugin works great. Glad they did that for us!...
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

15. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really glad it works for you guys. For the heck of it, try recording i.e., Metv and pbs atsc at the same time and then play back a previous stored recording while the two recordings are still in progress. I.e., three items in progress. Then start pressing the << or >> plus the > buttons a few times and see if it freezes the receiver. It usually freezes when the > is pressed too quickly after the << or >> are pressed multiple times to increase speed.

This will usually create the necessary reboot after 15 minutes of fast forward or fast rewind. After a few months of reboots, it will corrupt the hard drive due to the two recordings in progress having to restart multiple times.

This problem was posted in both PLI and SDG sites by another op with a Zgemma receiver (can't remember when) and it was never really pursed. I may be wrong, but it may be a millisecond timing issue with pressing the > key after the << or >> keys.

It's a very distinct problem that not everyone encounters, so I doubt too much emphasis will be applied towards rectifying the problem.
    Last edited by eastof111; 10-22-2018 at 02:58 AM.

17. Thanks el bandido, Megatron817 thanked for this post
  18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I spoke to soon it is not fixed. Just watched back a recording from this morning and it froze so I guess it is best to just play it and avoid pressing fast forward and reverse to quick. I think it is 16x or faster when it happens.

19. Thanks el bandido, eastof111 thanked for this post