Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Appreciate the information. It would be great if you could post where you bought it and how that turned out in the "Where to Buy" Section.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered mine today. Have been thinking of it for awhile and then came across this forum and thread. El Bandido sealed the deal with his expert knowledge. I ordered from grooves.land in Germany. Really looking forward to playing with this box.

3. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes Megatron817 liked this post
  4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent!
    Let us know if you need any help setting the box up. Enigma2 is a great operating system.

5. Thanks rayydio thanked for this post
    Likes Megatron817 liked this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I flashed OBH 4.2
    You have the option to scan in or not scan, found transponders when a blind scan
    is finished. The transponders found, does not automatically scan in
    I hope that make sense
    Last edited by zonetech1961; 10-14-2018 at 07:40 PM. Reason: spelling

7. Thanks el bandido, Megatron817 thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That blindscan plugin first appeared in the SF8008 images. That plugin can be moved to almost any image you want to run it on. The blindscan plugin can be modified many different ways, but the plugin is only as good as the tuner bin file that it is interfaced with.

9. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    el bandido do you have that plugin on the openpli 6.2 image? I'd like to try it.
    Thanks

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes.
    Do you understand how to transfer files using FileZilla or similar ftp program?

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    DVB-S2X Has not been added to enigma2. Vu+ did add DVB-S2X to the BlackHole image, but the BlackHole image is outdated and useless for us in North America.
    When a DVB-S2X transponder is found in blindscan, the receiver crashes. Here is one example:
    [Blindscan][blindscanContainerClose] cnt: 10 , data: ['OK', 'VERTICAL', '10799362', '34002000', 'DVB-S2X', 'INVERSION_AUTO', 'PILOT_OFF', 'FEC_11_15', '32APSK', 'ROLLOFF_35']
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Blindscan/plugin.py", line 1040, in blindscanContainerClose
    parm.system = sys[data[4]]
    KeyError: 'DVB-S2X'
    DVB-S2X transponders that are found in blindscan will soon be labeled as DVB-S2 in OpenPLi or OpenPLi based images such as SatDreamGr. I appreciate the work Athoik and others have done to fix it so our receivers will not crash in blindscan. DVB-S2X data transponders may be found at 87W c band if anyone wants to test.
    You may monitor the output of the blindscan in telnet when using OpenPli images by entering these two commands.
    init 4
    ENIGMA_DEBUG_LVL=5 enigma2
    Pressing the Ctrl c on the computer keyboard while in telnet will break the debug log. Entering the init 3 command while in telnet will restart the box without telnet logging.

13. Thanks ViP3R, eastof111 thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    EB I downloaded and flashed the Open Black hole 4.2 image and checked out the blind scan plugin. I like that version but it still has the same 150 MHz off at the top stop frequency for ku 12050 = 12200. To me I'm happy with what I am use to using plus I didn't see how to open the blindscan xml with the remote by pressing the yellow button.
    Thanks

15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That 150 MHz off issue will probably have to be fixed here. That same bug will be in almost every blindscan plugin because that plugin information is shared or Open Source. Maybe this winter we can fix it where it reads correctly.

The plugin is easy enough to move. Simply copy the Blindscan folder at /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Blindscan. You also need the boxbranding.so file located at: /usr/lib/enigma2/python

To install that plugin in an OpenPLi image image:
    Backup Existing Image before doing anything for a restore point!
    (1) Install blindscan (If not already done) in the image using the downloadable plugins menu. This is done to set the image up for blindscan, else the correct binary file will not be in usr/bin
    (2) Navigate to "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins". Delete the blindscan or Blindscan folder that is already at that location, then install the Blindscan folder that you want to use.
    (3) Install the boxbranding.so file to: /usr/lib/enigma2/python
    (4) Reboot box
    Plugin should be installed and in working condition.

The beauty of the enigma2 operating system is the level of customization that is available. We cannot alter the drivers, but we can alter most of the python files to our particular wants or needs. Customizing like this is about impossible for the end user with closed source fta receivers.

16. Thanks Megatron817, eastof111 thanked for this post