Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Loading Images
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I have tried several different E2 images and it seem they all get to around the area of video output methods and just hangs.
    Trying OpenESI for kicks currently and it got to the point where it asks if I wanted to delete all the other languages, and I chose yes, so far it's stuck there.
    Odd Ball Box ![Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have any ideas about the failure to boot? I can't get Spark to boot not get into the file structure to look at things.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Kinda lost for ideas here!

Thanks In Advance!!

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which pkt image is that and where was it downloaded?
    Telnet to the box and type init 4 followed by enigma2. Post the output.

For the most part, enigma2 images are junk in the A2. They will run, but they may freeze, and they do not have the full features you will find in dedicated enigma2 boxes.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Help!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would really rather have Spark working on this box. I never could get the original E2 image to do what I wanted it to do.
    I just can't see any good reason why Spark won't boot! I extracted the U-Boot file from the 1.2.52 Boot upgrade package and flashed it to the box via RS232 so I think I can safely eliminate the boot loader as a source of trouble. I'm not sure but this box may have been connected in the shop without a UPS when we had several power flickers,so that may be a cause of all this.I loaded the 2 files in the Spark Americas 7162 rescue image but strangely none of the IP addresses it shows allows me to connect and it won't pull an IP from my network so I cant FTP into it that way. If I could just somehow get it to boot the rescue image I would be golden I think! I could manage a network IP with OpenEsi once however. I will get that output you asked for as soon as I can get into the box again via network. RS232 is fine but I need a network IP for Telnet to do any good.

Here is the data Openesi 5.0 only one I can telnet into via RS232

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by sattech64; 12-02-2017 at 02:00 PM. Reason: image add

5. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Download and install the Spark recovery image that is in post #6 of this thread:

For the enigma2, ftp into the box and get the settings file that is located in etc/enigma2. Zip the settings file and attach it here.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Download and install the Spark recovery image that is in post #6 of this thread:

For the enigma2, ftp into the box and get the settings file that is located in etc/enigma2. Zip the settings file and attach it here.

I loaded the SPARK files but it still refuses to boot spark...just hangs on BOOT

Here is the settings file you ask for.. word wrap is a bit rough..

8. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please describe in great detail what you are doing to recover in Spark.

The enigma2 settings look OK, but it is not complete for the user. Looks like there was an attempt to set up 87 West, but it was not completed. Looks like the language has not been set either. The enigma2 side should run once the setup is completed.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I have done in Spark is load numerous different rescue images via USB. It never completes the boot so it never pulls an IP from my network on the Spark side so I can't FTP,Telnet or anything to gain access to that partition to see what if any files exist. I did extract the boot loader from the AppPrg.tar file in the v1.2.51 (Enigma2 Boot Upgrade) package and it was updated via RS232. Other than this it's about all I can do. I have a complete backup but until I can get the Spark side to finish a boot I can't use that. Yeah I'm very slowly learning the OpenESI program and how it works as well as how it sets up. I agree that I believe E2 would run after I figure out the settings I need for North America and where to put them. If I didn't really like this box and seeing it as somewhat of a challenge I would have made it part of my spare parts box by now, but I do like it's performance and such.. just can't figure out this Spark deal! Seems to me it ought to work fine! I'm certainly open to any suggestions..

Thanks so much!

EDIT:

FWIW I came across the original E2 Image that was installed originally in this box and you guessed it.. it wouldn't boot from that either. The same as Spark hangs on boot.
    Looks like Open ESI seems to be the image of choice for this box for some reason.
    Last edited by sattech64; 12-03-2017 at 03:01 PM.

11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If one enigma2 image works, then others will work.

Look at the information in these links. Pay close attaention to the Spark recovery .pdf.

12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the references. When I look for the weather.xml file telnet data reports it doesn't exist [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

On post 5 of the second link I'm guessing the writer is referring to connecting via telnet and RS232. When I try that putty won't let me paste, type or enter any commands at all.

Any ideas here?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast