Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    It is common for fta dealers in North America to highly promote products that are average at best. What sets the Zgemma advertising apart is advertising receiver features that are not available. Last I checked, the Zgemma H5.AC was being advertised to have 16APSK capability which it does not have!

Most likely, the user accounts of tek2000, tvroadmin, and The Professor all belong to the same person. And of course, Satellites Galore and Tek200 are the same company.

We need good, decent fta dealers. We do not need fta dealers that lie about features or capabilities of a product! Enough of that has happened already.

2. Thanks filister, ViP3R, ftaal thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plus this is unfair to the receiver manufacturer as well. Zgemma H7S is essentially an SF4008/Mutant HD51 but with a better revision Silabs tuner and a much newer kernel version that is very powerful and very decent as a receiver, H52 is essentially an OSmini with better tuner revisions, and they both do what they are supposed to do with the hardware they already have. When sellers advertise false capabilities and promote versions of the receivers with different tuners and hardware (H52/H5AC are different to H7) promising they do something they clearly don't, they only scam the buyers and that's it!
    Personally if I had a gun in my head to buy a receiver today I would go with the H7S based on the specs, however the mysterious lack of its own manufacturer support (where are they?) who make products and disappear (did I miss anything on them releasing new drivers that fix issues?) held me back. I should wait for SF5008 and see what happens from there...

4. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R, mountaineer, filister thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post

Most likely, the user accounts of tek2000, tvroadmin, and The Professor all belong to the same person.
    I think he's got more accounts then the ones you mentioned, like 50 more.

6. Likes el bandido, filister liked this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    We should compile a thread of receivers that promised 4:2:2 and did not deliver.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

8. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That list of receivers would be almost every receiver sold or introduced by a North American vendor since 2010. I am tired of being lied to about the performance of fta products. I work hard for my money, and I expect the fta products that I buy to perform as advertised. Why should I have to pay return shipping for something that does not perform as advertised? That is what most of these vendors want you to do - If they will do that much. Some do not want any returns at all.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

10. Thanks filister, ViP3R, skink thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The most prolific way of shaming sites of explicit advertising would be to have scammed individuals post bad experiences. Failure of the website to acknowledge emails, contact numbers not available, credit refunds non-existant, etc.

Accepting a loss and not reporting the damage incurred does not help newbies.

Maybe start a new thread "Scammed by".
    Last edited by eastof111; 11-07-2017 at 02:24 AM.

12. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes filister liked this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    The most prolific way of shaming sites of explicit advertising would be to have scammed individuals post bad experiences. Failure of the website to acknowledge emails, contact numbers not available, credit refunds non-existant, etc.

Accepting a loss and not reporting the damage incurred does not help newbies.

Maybe start a new thread "Scammed by".
    This guy has been flying under the radar of business regulators/reviewers for awhile.
    Posting sketchy info to promote sales at every opportunity like he does.
    The way he used that now gone 97W mux to promote sales reminded me of freedbs and all the hype that went with it.
    Winners were the vaporware box sellers. No one else.

14. Thanks ViP3R, eastof111, el bandido, skink, ftaal thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems his account at amazon has gone away now too:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    He likes to throw out the accusations at this or that person on his forum for this but when the product just doesn't measure up, amazon will refund the buyer.
    Its just good business.

He has resorted to his old standby, create an alias and talk to himself to promote sales.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Bet someone will find him someday soon walking aimlessly in a Toronto park - he'll be talking to himself then too.
    Then who'll be the one being called mentally ill.

16. Thanks eastof111, ftaal thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    New for 2018 is to decode MPEG4 4:2:2 using the Conditional Access Module or CAM? How original, and probably a first!

From Tek2000:
    On another note, we are looking at a 4.2.2 mpeg4 solution using a cam module (instead of new receiver). A couple of advantages to this solution:

1. Current owners of the ZGemma can purchase the cam.
    2. If the 4.2.2 profile changes in the future or another broadcaster uses a different format, we can release a cam update that will support the changes.
    3. The cam can also be programmed to convert IP satellite streams to DVB-S2, which means even more channels!
    Cams are mainly designed to decrypt or decode systems such as Nagravision, Viaccess, Mediaguard, Irdeto...etc. MPEG4 4:2:2 is a video codec that has been blocked by the chip manufacturer. There is a thin line between ignorance and stupidity, but I think that line just got crossed. I also think anything is possible, but just do not see this happening...at all.

Maybe Tek2000 will put the fta satellite epg he advertises but does not have in a cam too?

North American FTA dealers have no shame when it comes to misleading the customer. I doubt a U.K.dealer would try a ruse such as this because their customers know what a cam is and what a cam does and does not do.

18. Thanks ViP3R, eastof111, filister thanked for this post
  19. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    why the B.S. I may be wrong but can you not just stream from Enigma box to pc and decode 4.2.2?

20. Likes ViP3R liked this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast