[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It is nice to see someone selling enigma2 receivers in North America, but it is not so nice to see things advertised as working when they are not. The Tek2000 ad posted in the link above has classic fta receiver claims in it, up to and including the elusive 4:2:2 video codec. Currently, the Zgemma H7 cannot do 4:2:2 / MPEG 4.

There is no blindscan for this receiver, and there is no DVB-S/S2 satellite epg, except on a few channels that almost any fta receiver can get. You also get $50.00 off retail price if you pre-order which is a Red Flag.

I have seen a lot of advertisements like this, and I think 100 percent of them could not produce everything they claimed. The 4:2:2 claim comes out almost every time a new receiver is introduced! Zgemma does not have DVB-S/S2 blindscan for internal tuners on any current receiver, or even on any receiver they have ever made. It is possible they will add it, and it is possible they will not!

The fta satellite epg claim for North America is pretty far fetched, but it can be done. It would take a lot of time and maintenance to make large scale fta satellite epg work in North America. I would be surprised to see over a handful or two of channels with supported epg. I would also expect the epg to be buggy and not last long. Again, fta satellite epg in North America can be done, but it would take motivation, time, and discipline. It would really need to be a group effort.

The Zgemma H7 could be a big upgrade for someone that has never owned an enigma2 box, but as is, the Zgemma H7 is not really capable of doing much in North America. It does have a lot of potential, but I would rather wait and pay the full $300.00 after all these advertised features are working correctly instead of getting a $50.00 discount now and hoping this stuff will work later. Features are always one update away from working, right? Good luck with that! EB

DESCRIPTION
The ZGemma H7 (North American Edition) is our newest receiver capable of decoding 4K satellite tv broadcasts!

This receiver will decode DVB-S and DVB-S2 satellite signals, ATSC terrestrial and digital cable signals and supports all major video compression codecs like MPEG2, MPEG4, and H.265 (hevc) and can demodulate QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK modulation.

Get the most out of your TVRO satellite experience with a ZGemma H7 (North American) 4K digital satellite receiver today!

Note: A 4K television is required to view UHD tv channels.

Note: This 4K receiver will start shipping with all our dish packages starting in August, 2017.

Note: Future EPG satellite support will only work if you purchase from us. It will NOT work with the European edition or any clones.

Note: We are the exclusive dealer for the North American Edition of the ZGemma H7 4K receiver.

Note: For available 4K channels, please visit Satellite Charts and search for UHDTV channels.

Note: To learn how to use your 4K receiver, please see the 4K Receiver Guide.

Note: Now accepting pre-orders for $249 USD (regular price $299 USD). Item will ship August 15th, 2017.

FEATURES
4K (UHD) resolution
Front panel display
Front CI and smart card slots
DVB-S2 and ATSC tuners
QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK demodulation
MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264, H.265 SD, HD, UHD video decoding
Internal SSD mount for PVR capability
4.2.2 / MPEG 4 / H.265 processing
Enigma 2 Open Source Operating System

INCLUDES
ZGemma H7 (North American Edition)