I modified the Service Scan to show transponder counts instead of percent. This mod shows how many transponders need to be scanned, and how many transponders have been scanned instead of percent of scan completed. Then I installed the modified Tek2000 satellite file that supposedly blindscans.

A Tek2000 blindscan was setup on 101W, and was allowed to run until completed. This scan is advertised to take 30 minutes, but it took almost 4 hours to complete it! I see no advantage in this so called blindscan except to waste time. People with Zgemmas would be better served if someone would blindscan the satellites using a proper blindscan receiver that logs transponders, such as the Octagon SX88. Then post the satellites.xml file that is generated by doing the blindscan of all available satellites.

If they are going to continue advertising this useless blindscan, then they should at least modify the scansetup python file so the proper satellite is scanned. It is a shame to see the public being misled because scanning transponders in a satellites.xml file is not a blindscan.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]