Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Thank you for the input, observations and suggestions. For some reason, unable to post "likes" and "thanks" to the posts, but I would if possible! Will be making the changes to the specification sheet and descriptive text later this week.

Many of your wish list items are in development. Been working on a next gen consumer controller project for the past year+ that I envision will be the basis of a component (build for your needs) system. It is controlled by both traditional STB and event commands, will be released as open software with user adjustments of parameters and alternative communication paths including USB, BT and LAN. Will post more information as the project progresses. The projected timeline for preproduction testing is Q3 2018, so still quite a bit of development and decisions to be made with a product release date still within our lifetimes... LOL!

2. Thanks el bandido, eastof111, tesla420, mengram, ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes tesla420 liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    Thank you for the input, observations and suggestions. For some reason, unable to post "likes" and "thanks" to the posts, but I would if possible! Will be making the changes to the specification sheet and descriptive text later this week.

Many of your wish list items are in development. Been working on a next gen consumer controller project for the past year+ that I envision will be the basis of a component (build for your needs) system. It is controlled by both traditional STB and event commands, will be released as open software with user adjustments of parameters and alternative communication paths including USB, BT and LAN. Will post more information as the project progresses. The projected timeline for preproduction testing is Q3 2018, so still quite a bit of development and decisions to be made with a product release date still within our lifetimes... LOL!
    Sorry about that..your good to go on likes and thanks.

click click b00m

4. Thanks hoytclagwell thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know is an old thread, but EB can you repost some attachments starting with post #14 ?
    I'm trying to fix my asc, where the issue is some times doesn't move to east with the message :"..reached the limit..."
    I have to turn it off for few minutes, and it will come to normal. It looks like the relay gets stuck, or something.
    Thx.
    Nihil sine Deo !

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I no longer have those attachments to post. An error on the forum caused those attachments to be removed.

What are you wanting to do?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    I no longer have those attachments to post. An error on the forum caused those attachments to be removed.

What are you wanting to do?
    Replicate your modifications on my asc, hopping to solve that from time to time dreadful message: "...reached the limit...".
    No matter where the dish is, this message blocks asc. Needs to be shut off for few minutes to get rid of it..
    From your posts I noticed you have ordered a power supply board witch I have it & an extra transformer !!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

What is the purpose of the transformer, as long as the board has its own transformer ?
    thx.
    Nihil sine Deo !

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Understanding the logic that makes that "limit error" appear will reveal more possibilities for the error. The error is displayed when the dish motor is commanded to move but the ASC1 does not see any pulses from the sensor within 500 milliseconds. So a rusty polar mount can bind and delay movement long enough to set this error. Or a seized acme nut an an actuator. A faulty limit switch or intermittent fault in the motor caused by worn motor brushes. If a relay was stuck you more than likely have a situation where the dish moves one direction when the controller is powered on and won't turn off. Can you hear the relay click when it doesn't move? It still might be a bad relay too.

9. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is one I swapped out the power source. The transformer for the dish is the dish motor transformer from a DSR922 receiver. The transformer that powers the logic board is from an old Uniden receiver. I rotated the main board 90° for better cable management .

11. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    Understanding the logic that makes that "limit error" appear will reveal more possibilities for the error. The error is displayed when the dish motor is commanded to move but the ASC1 does not see any pulses from the sensor within 500 milliseconds. So a rusty polar mount can bind and delay movement long enough to set this error. Or a seized acme nut an an actuator. A faulty limit switch or intermittent fault in the motor caused by worn motor brushes. If a relay was stuck you more than likely have a situation where the dish moves one direction when the controller is powered on and won't turn off. Can you hear the relay click when it doesn't move? It still might be a bad relay too.
    It happens only when try to move the dish to E. When the message is displayed, asc can move the dish to the W, but not E. When pressing the E button, there is NO click (sound) from the relay. Sometimes after few W commands, the E movement is restored !!! I suspect the head from the transf may have an impact also, as the top of the casing in that area is always warm (hot). Brian suggest to install some ferrite rings on the wires for the motor sensor (as in the pic), witch I did but the problem still pop up:

The actuator was replaced 1.5 years ago, after i considered that the first 12 years old, needed to get a rest.
    Nihil sine Deo !

13. Likes el bandido liked this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like the East relay is going bad.

Eliminate the relays and see if the actuator moves correctly.
    To test, remove the two power leads for the actuator from the back of the Asc1. Find some type of small 12-36 volt DC power source, and connect the actuator leads to the power source while watching the front of the Asc1. The counts on the ASC1 should change when power is supplied to the actuator. Then reverse the the actuator power leads, and test the opposite direction. Again the counts for the actuator should move on the front of the ASC1 is supplied.

Portable drill batteries and even a wallwart type dc supply can be used for this test. Move the dish close to the center of the satellite arc if possible for this test as that is the area that takes the least amount of energy to move.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

15. Thanks lme thanked for this post
    Likes Fearless liked this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thx.
    Before your suggested test I will have an outside, mini fan to blow from the opposite side off the transf to eliminate this potential cause.
    Nihil sine Deo !

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast