Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Hello East
    I am using a usb thumb drive for multiboot USB 3.0 compatible, Yes is faster than the VU+ and the Miraclebox, this receiver is fast, I also noticed that is faster installing the new images.
    Regards.
    Chewie

Chewie, how did you set up multiboot on the Octagon, totally lost on this. Thanks
    Octagon SF4008, Vu+ Solo2, Titanium ASC1, Perfect 10 C/KU mesh 10 foot dish,Chaparral corotor II, 24 inch Von Wiese actuator, old AZBox premium HD Plus, TBS5925.

2. Thanks mountaineer, sideswiper thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good. Where do you get it from?

4. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Found it thanks. It's right there but I walk past it.
    Octagon SF4008, Vu+ Solo2, Titanium ASC1, Perfect 10 C/KU mesh 10 foot dish,Chaparral corotor II, 24 inch Von Wiese actuator, old AZBox premium HD Plus, TBS5925.

6. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eastof111 View Post
    Thanks, glad the usb 3.0 port is working with multiboot. Sounds like a big improvement over the Vu+ speed wise.
    The USB memory Stick is connected to the 2.0 port in the front of the receiver, I forgot it also has 1- 3.0 port in the back, when I get home I will switch it to the 3.0 port and see if it makes a difference.
    I will let you know.
    Regards.
    Chewie

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Guys
    Well, I installed the USB stick on the 3.0 port in the back of the receiver, it did recognize the stick and the muliboot images, but when switching to another image sometimes it works and most of the time it does not, when it doesn't work it goes back to the Flash image and if you fireup multiboot it can not find the USB stick, I initialized the USB erased all the images and re-install only one and still doesn't work, same problem.
    I moved the USB stick to the USB port 2.0 in front of the receiver and it looks like is working properly.
    I am not sure if the problem is the USB stick or the receiver.
    One waty to find out is getting a new 3.0 USB stick, if anybody can recommend a good reliable 3.0 USB, let me know.
    Regards.
    Chewie

9. Thanks el bandido, sideswiper, eastof111, mountaineer thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The reason I have not tried the 3.0 port is because I do not have a 3.0 usb device. Was hoping that port would be backwards compatible, and 2.0 devices would work correctly on it..

11. Thanks sideswiper, eastof111, mountaineer thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chewie View Post
    Hello Guys
    One waty to find out is getting a new 3.0 USB stick, if anybody can recommend a good reliable 3.0 USB, let me know.
    Regards.
    Chewie
    Since we don't know what 3.0 capacity thumb drive the usb 3.0 port will handle, the only way is to experiment. It's hard to find a usb 3.0 stick under 16gb in size. In the past, the smaller size stick was usually the best route to take for bootup sticks. Ebay has Kingston, Sandisk and Adata 3.0 sticks at 16gb and inexpensive in price. These brands with their 2.0 models were usually very reliable when used with usb 2.0 ports; I am guessing that they should be just as good with 3.0 ports.

Just be aware that there is an increasingly new stock of 3.1/3.0 combo sticks available which might not be compatible with the SF4008 usb 3.0. But, hopefully I could be wrong on that assumption.

13. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Guys
    Well I had another USB stick 3.0 different brand, I connected it to the 3.0 port on the receiver and loaded some images and so far is working fine, none of the same issues I was having with the other USB stick, I will keep on testing and see how it behaves.
    Regards.
    Chewie

15. Thanks el bandido, sideswiper, eastof111, madmadworld thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What Brand Name is the 3.0 stick that is working fine for you ?
    GSKY V7, Motorola DSR-922, Diamond 9000 HD on 10 foot Perfect 10 , Geosat Dual LNBF, 24" Von Weise actuator
    Octagon SF 4008, Techno Trend 3200 PCI card, 9 Foot Spun Aluminum, Button Hook,Moteck V-Box 2, Titanium C1-PLL LNBF , 24" Von Weise actuator
    GSKY V6, Coolsat 5000 , Diamond 9000 HD on 30 inch Fortec Star with 2100 motor Invacom LNBF

17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The USB STICK is ADATA AUV128-32GB-RBE.
    Regards.
    Chewie

18. Thanks sideswiper, eastof111 thanked for this post
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast