Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Seems like you have asked this before, and in a way, I am not sure what you are really asking because you do not show what resolution your receiver outputs for these channels.

The Octagon SF-4008 is not on the same level as a cheap ($100.00 or less) Android 4K box.

Here is a screenshot of the Masters 4K feed. Maybe it will answer your question?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Octagon is not going to produce a 4K receiver that is not capable of 4k output! It would be suicide for them to do something such as that.
    Let me know if this does not answer your question and I will try something else.

2. Thanks eastof111, mountaineer, skink, madmadworld thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    8.5 db on 97w? Seems rather low for the size dish you have. I know owners on the other sites were reacting to low or high db readings for over a month. So, I am guessing this is still on Octagons to do list. Will be interesting to see later what the actual db display for 4k should be.

4. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, the db in snr seems to be ok and is comparable to the oS Mini. That particular feed was not very strong for me. Also, at some point, I probably need to invest in a commercial lnb arrangement. I feel certain that i will pick p some things a bit better if I upgrade from a cheap lnbf to a commercial lnb.

A lot has been said about pll lnbs in fta forums, but I have seen no advatage using a consumer pll lnb. The pll oscillator generates more noise than a dro oscillator, so the pll oscillator requires extra filtering. More filters may bring a better signal to noise ratio or snr in db. Either a good commercial dro or a good commercial pll lnb may help my antenna system a bit. Any lnbf is only for the consumer.

6. Thanks mountaineer, eastof111, madmadworld thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, your post clearly shows the resolution, thanks. I am pretty sure when I asked before you did not possess this receiver. At this point I am curious as to what people think of the resolution difference between 1080p and actual 4k with this receiver.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

8. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
    Likes mountaineer liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not have a 4K television or monitor yet, but no one has complained about the 4k quality on any European forum that I have seen. Why not purchase one and see for yourself? These receivers do not cost a lot of money.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

10. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is some useful information about IPTV.

Quote Originally Posted by betacentauri View Post
    IPTV recording works on several streams. Not on all. But you need to be able to make 2 connections to the server if you also want to watch the channel at the same time. Some servers prevent this. This is no box issue. But a general E2 thing. Also that timeshift is not working for iptv. It's the same for all boxes.

12. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The time frame for Kodi to be released seems to be "Sometime before the end of April". I doubt anything else gets fixed until Kodi is finished.

Most of the usb tuners that I have tried to use with the Octagon either do not work, or only partially work.

Blindscan for DVB-S/S2 is not supposed to be released until after Kodi is finished.

I have more or less put this receiver on the shelf. It is pretty much useless for me the way it is now except to watch some 4K or UHD on rare or special occasions.

Personally, I think they should have fixed some of the other issues first instead of getting bogged down with Kodi. Then again,Kodi is not much use to me.

14. Thanks mountaineer, skink, madmadworld thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess the SF4018 will most likely not be released until most items are corrected and working properly on the SF4008. Wouldn't make sense to release an upgraded receiver when the lesser one is still not perfected. But, stranger things have happened.

16. Thanks skink thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think these guys ran into some problems they were not expecting to have. I do not regret buying the box, and more or less expect things not to work correctly or at all in a newly released receiver. I did expect them to have more done in this amount of time though. At any rate, the finished product will speak for itself - Whatever the finished product is...

18. Thanks skink, mountaineer, eastof111, madmadworld thanked for this post
  19. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Let's have some patience, maybe be we will have blind Scan in a few months, I still waiting for my box, it got lost, hopefully Satshop.Fi can send me a new box or return my money.
    Regards.
    Chewie

20. Thanks el bandido, eastof111 thanked for this post
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast