Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Feel free to post the links to other forums where this issue is being discussed. I would like to look at what they are saying.

So the channels without Dolby audio should work?

I have not had any problems yet with audio, but I am not a multiboot user either. Don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.
    I have had to load an older version of the software which has solved the sound problem on Dolby Digital sound. As a new driver update has just been isued with reference to the AC3 sound problem, I hoped this was now fixed but it is reported today "quotaOriginally Posted by esmos View Post

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    NEW: Driver (Driver) update Octagon SF4008 - 25.09.17

[Release note]
    1. Fixed AC3 issue
    2. Fixed audio issue on 2160P resolution

GitHub oe-alliance-core / meta-brands / meta-octagon at 4.0 * oe-alliance / oe-alliance-core * GitHub

From tomorrow in the Images! From tomorrow in Images!
    Sound does not work yet.

Maybe tomorrow! I took the opertunity to try Openvix using the last stable version which has no sound problems. it means loosing Kodi but I don't really need that as I have the Nvidia shield for that which does a great job.

I am really looking forward to the blind scan being developed. I am tempted to buy a OCTAGON SX88 in the meantime just for the blind scan.

2. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the link. I have seen the thread but do not understand the problem with the audio because AC3 works for me in all the channels I have tested.
    Are you running multiboot?
    What are some of the channels and satellites that AC3 does not work on for you?

Thanks.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with all Dolby digital channels is only with drivers since mid September. If you are using older drivers then there is no problem. If you are tuning to non Dolby digital channels there is also no problems. Reverting to drivers prior to the broken ones solves this issue for those that are experiencing sound problems until the manufacturer managed to rectify this. Recent driver updates log indicate they are trying to find a solution to this problem. To date reports indicate a lack of success so far.

5. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    All the channels with AC3 audio that I watch have sound and have not lost sound. I have updated drivers every time they have been released, ran different images...etc. No audio problems, so I do not understand where the problem is. Hopefully they will fix it for those that are having audio issues!

AC3 audio test video using SF4008 is in the link.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. Thanks MCelliotG thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Online Driver update is available now in SatDreamGr experimental image.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    And another driver update today. Whatever else is broken in the drivers will stay broken for a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    now holiday in korea, driver team back after 10.10 so need some time for next fix !

10. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had the audio problem (since mid-Sept) with Open8 6.0, OpenATV 6.0 and 6.1, I've had it with EGAMI 8.0.5 and Opendroid 6.4. Audio can be working, but if I change video resolutions I can loose the audio. Sometimes a reboot will restore the audio and other times I need to completely reinstall the firmware. The lesson learned is to not mess with the video resolutions, I set them to 2160P60 and leave them alone now.

12. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello EB
    I heard the issue was with 2160p, I reloaded the ATV image from the 10/1/2017, set the video for 1080 and the sound works just fine, I updated the image to today's update and still working fine with video set to 1080, if you box is set to 1080 most likely you not going to see the problem.
    I hope this issues get's fixed, I am glad is not the box.
    Regards.
    Chewie

14. Thanks el bandido, sideswiper thanked for this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Makes sense as to why I did not have the problem now!
    Unfortunately, the Koreans are on vacation, so it will probably be 7 or more days before another driver is released.
    I appreciate the comments, and thanks for clearing this up for me!

16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've found that an initiator, at least for me, is turning the PiP function on and not neccessarily being in 2160P60 mode alone. At least this is a pattern I observed yesterday.

17. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post