Page 1 of 29 12345611 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Octagon SF-4008(4K) Bugs, Issues, and Problems
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    The Octagon SF-4008 is a dual DVB-S2(x) receiver that was released a few months ago. The chipset for tis receiver is on a different platform or architecture as compared to most other fta receivers. Most of the plugins and other addons are being rewritten to take advantage or to work with this chipset design.

Here are a few problems or issues that I have noticed during my first few hours of using this receiver:
    No Blindscan
    Incomplete ATSC support (Hauppauge 850)
    Receiver hangs when loading images
    Some images do not support ACM/VCM transponders
    The receiver has the feel of being "Under Construction" or "Incomplete" (What do we expect? It is new.)

The Good stuff:
    Will play ACM/VCM transponder at 125 West
    Will play UHD and 4K channels (No stutters or other issues s far)
    Fast Boot time (about 30 seconds)
    Fast Chanel Changes
    Great picture (can only test up to 1080 resolution on my tv)
    Easy to share lamedb files from other receivers
    Has a ton of potential or possibilities

This thread was started with the intention of helping the ones that already have this receiver and to inform those who may want to purchase this receiver. I expect most of the problems I listed to be fixed over a period of time, and I expect this receiver to have blindscan at some point in the future.

The main thing that bothers me right now is the loading of different images. Open Eight is supposed to be an image designed strictly or only for Octagon, but all this image has done so far is lock the receiver up when I try to load it. A recovery file is available that corrects this, but to me, this problem or issue needs to be fixed asap.

I will add more comments to this thread as I get more familiar with this new receiver. Other questions or comments are welcomed. EB

Edit(s):
    16 ASPK transponder reception confirmed 4-2-17
    Last edited by el bandido; 04-02-2017 at 03:34 PM.

2. Thanks DaveLH, eastof111, ViP3R, rrob311, madmadworld thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Incomplete ATSC support (Hauppauge 850)"
    I'll have to wait till this is resolved.

Does the IPTV Player plugin work (1+git1613)?

I am guessing openmultiboot will be a while too.

4. Thanks DaveLH thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Receiver hangs when loading images, So far i have loaded openATV, openVix, Egami ver 8 with no problems (touch wood, head according to wife) also I was not aware of this. Some can't remember which, loaded up but could not change the video settings to NA standard. The display would indicate HDMI but couldn't set the frequency to 60 by using the OK button or the green button, just stalled there with the TV displaying wrong video settings. Now found the recovery files and instructions, saved for safe keeping.
    Octagon SF4008, Vu+ Solo2, Titanium ASC1, Perfect 10 C/KU mesh 10 foot dish,Chaparral corotor II, 24 inch Von Wiese actuator, old AZBox premium HD Plus, TBS5925.

6. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember, not many can test atsc, and probably no one knows it does not work except us. Should be an easy fix. We will see....

IPTV Player plugin (1+git1619) does work.

Image recovery is no big deal. All you do is put the recovery files in the image folder and reload. Other receivers have had problems similar to this and were fixed.

8. Thanks eastof111, DaveLH, madmadworld thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you guys post the recovery files and instructions, or a link where to download them.
    I would appreciate it.
    Regards.
    Chewie

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveLH View Post
    Receiver hangs when loading images, So far i have loaded openATV, openVix, Egami ver 8 with no problems (touch wood, head according to wife) also I was not aware of this. Some can't remember which, loaded up but could not change the video settings to NA standard. The display would indicate HDMI but couldn't set the frequency to 60 by using the OK button or the green button, just stalled there with the TV displaying wrong video settings. Now found the recovery files and instructions, saved for safe keeping.
    Hello Dave
    Which Image do you like the best?

11. Likes DaveLH liked this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chewie View Post
    Can you guys post the recovery files and instructions, or a link where to download them.
    I would appreciate it.
    Regards.
    Chewie
    Recovery files attached.
    Instructions are the same as they were in post #4. All you do is put the recovery files in the image folder and reload.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

13. Thanks DaveLH thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Each image seems to have things that stand out, depends on what is important to you. OpenATV is a great image, my favorite. OpenVIX has all the channel info and more on the main screen,I like that wish openATV would do the same. All cannel, transponder and box info can be found in the menus if you go looking. Just loaded egami ver 8 and was sort of set back, awesome. seems to be an all right image for the Octagon box havent had any real time to check it out but what I see so far I like. It depends on what bare essentials one is happy with and of course the plugins can be downloaded to suit one's interest. EB said that a lot of plugins and drivers are in the process of being rewritten for this box so we must wait for a while. I now have a 4K tv coming on Monday, man am I spoiled and am loving it.
    Octagon SF4008, Vu+ Solo2, Titanium ASC1, Perfect 10 C/KU mesh 10 foot dish,Chaparral corotor II, 24 inch Von Wiese actuator, old AZBox premium HD Plus, TBS5925.

15. Thanks el bandido, eastof111 thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Recovery files attached.
    Instructions are the same as they were in post #4. All you do is put the recovery files in the image folder and reload.
    Thanks
    EB.

17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveLH View Post
    Each image seems to have things that stand out, depends on what is important to you. OpenATV is a great image, my favorite. OpenVIX has all the channel info and more on the main screen,I like that wish openATV would do the same. All cannel, transponder and box info can be found in the menus if you go looking. Just loaded egami ver 8 and was sort of set back, awesome. seems to be an all right image for the Octagon box havent had any real time to check it out but what I see so far I like. It depends on what bare essentials one is happy with and of course the plugins can be downloaded to suit one's interest. EB said that a lot of plugins and drivers are in the process of being rewritten for this box so we must wait for a while. I now have a 4K tv coming on Monday, man am I spoiled and am loving it.
    Hello Dave
    Thanks for the information, I do have the Egami Image on one of my enigma receivers and is very good, I also have the ATV and the VIX on the same receiver and the Egami works the best.
    Regards.
    Chewie

18. Likes DaveLH liked this post
Page 1 of 29 12345611 ... LastLast