Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Would definitely be interesting to see the results if/would/should Rick request assistance from PLI or SDG regarding the SF4008.

I for one am very grateful to athoik at SDG for the assistance received for solving many glitches that have materialized in the past with enigma2. Problems solved within a few hours and the harder ones within days.

2. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Rick is more interested in profit than getting proper support. Doubt anything changes in that area.

Octagon did not bother to get support from OpenPLi. I do not know the reason for this. Seems to reason if you have a great box, then you would want a wide range of support? Vu+ and several other manufacturers get support from OE Alliance and OpenPLI. Makes little sense that Octagon would not do the same.

The SF4008 is fast becoming famous for all the wrong reasons. Something good needs to happen soon...

4. Thanks filister, ftaal, ViP3R, skink thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Octagon did not bother to get support from OpenPLi." Due to OpenATV plus egos.

6. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not think egos or at least egos from OpenATV had anything to do with it. My contacts and dealings with OpenATV have been very positive, and they are a great bunch of people. My guess is Octagon decided OpenPLi support was not needed, so they did nothing to get it.

SatDreamGr is always working on some project. Here is a link to the Software Defined Radio or SDR thread:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

SatDreamGr has released improved images for all or most supported models, so it might be a good idea to flash their Experimental 01-15-2018 image. Remember to backup present image first.

Would be nice to see some sort of enigma2 project here. There are plenty of things that can be done in enigma2 if people want to do them.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do recall quite a while back there was a thread closed on one of the forums due to egos. Hopefully, 2018 will be a better and more productive year. Still wondering why some owners haven't tried the SDG images.

9. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Guys
    I flash SDG 1/15/2018 on the Octagon and still has the no sound on 2160p, I disable the PIP function under video settings and reboot and it gets stuck on booting, I did not had this issue on the previous update, I am telling you I am getting tired of this receiver.
    Well hopefully there is new receivers coming out compatible to this one like the VU+ ZERO 4K.
    Regards.
    Chewie

11. Thanks el bandido, eastof111 thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the SF4008 is mortally wounded now. This box seems to have more problems now than when I first got it. I suggest to wait a little bit before you try to replace it because there is nothing out there right now that does what we want.

As for the SatDreamGr booting issue:
    Yes, I had a similar issue during installation, but none after that. I think some of our image flashing files have been changed or altered by Octagon, and it is causing problems.

All of these booting issues, audio issues, and refresh rate issues are Octagon problems. We are getting very poor coding from Octagon. These issues are not the fault of any enigma2 image group. The enigma2 images are being built with drivers and other items that Octagon provides.

One ray of hope though:
    I bet there is a whole stack of SF4008 receivers sitting in a warehouse somewhere. If this is true, then we may get a big feature added soon such as blindscan to help sell that stack of receivers. This is just a guess on my part, but we have seen similar things happen in other receiver brands before.

For us, the SF4008 would be a great receiver if some of these nuisance problems were fixed. It would be nice just to be able to operate the receiver without having to worry about audio or sound, refresh rate, or bootloop. I am beginning to wonder though if even this is too much to ask for...

13. Thanks eastof111, skink thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Octagon says new drivers will be ready this week. It might be a good idea to wait a few days after they are released in order to see how they perform before loading them. (It is a good idea to backup the whole image before updating.)

A new, improved Octagon receiver is scheduled to be released sometime in March, 2018. It is only a short time to the release of this new receiver, and we can expect the majority of support from Octagon to be used on this new receiver once it is released to market.

15. Thanks eastof111, 172 thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The proper AC transformer plug or walwart for the SF4008 can be found in the link. This plug costs $3.69 shipped, and it shows how CHEAP vendors are NOT to include it with the receiver. After all, what do you expect for $284.00???

17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    With all the problems from this thing is there anything out there bug free?