Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Again. The Octagon SF4008 Currently Does Not Have DVB-S DVB-S2 blindscan for the internal tuners. I do not know how to make it any easier to understand than that. Maybe it will have blindscan for the internal DVB-S/S2 tuners next week, next month or next year, but not today. And there are no work-rounds or other magic to make it happen today either.

2. Thanks sideswiper thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, sorry about that. 😔 A good several hours lost trying to get that researched out for people; so nevermind. Anyway, I guess I won't be buying the Octogon 4008, I will probably go with something else. 😕

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    We do not twist arms on buying receivers here, so purchase what you want with your monies. A person should buy a fta receiver or fta product based on what they want or need. Not on what the receiver or product will have or is supposed to have at some future point in time.

Bad or misinformation about fta receivers and other products is common. We try to only post correct and True information about fta products here, and we are loyal to no manufacturer or seller.

Esmos is the Octagon rep. Look at what is posted in the link.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

We are not perfect, but several members of this forum spend time working with various enigma2 receivers. Usually we know what works and what does not in enigma2 receivers.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

5. Thanks sideswiper, mountaineer thanked for this post
    Likes ViP3R, rrob311 liked this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Updates have been made to the tuner configuration menu. Programmed satellites for a particular tuner are listed under that tuner (see attached Screencap).

7. Thanks eastof111, ViP3R, mountaineer thanked for this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to make skinners unhappy! 😠
    There is no way to make selection pixmaps that large to fit all these satellites when you have a mobile dish. Instead of considering inplementing a rolling option for the multitemplate content they think everyone has small dishes with usals... I already see people complaining!

Στάλθηκε από το LG-D855 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

9. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    Good news about that! Check this out from a guy in the UK who says you CAN have Blind Scan with that receiver! You might have to go through some hoops, but it's worth a shot if you read carefully below: ☺

Just checked my box & no blind scan funtion directly from within tuner config (lot of settings available so one may be what he need) however on my current build I am using AutoBouquets E2 whereas on past builds I have used AutoBouquetsMaker & this software has blind scan option! Tell your friend to remove Autobouquets E2 if he has used that & install AutoBouquetsMaker instead that should give him the option to blind scan that he is missing...!
    (Oct is still an Enigma2 box so will install).

to find AutoBouquetsMaker use remote & goto plugins, then download plugins, then Extentions.. it will be in the list, download then restart box & it will be available in the menu under servicesearching to setup.

hope this helps!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    After today, Seems your friend in the UK has not a clue to what he talks about with internal tuner s/s2 blindscan. Looks like he gets his jollies from pulling your leg?

Let's take a quick look at the blindscan plugin code:
    _supportNimType = { 'AVL1208':'', 'AVL6222':'6222_', 'AVL6211':'6211_', 'BCM7356':'bcm7346_'}
    That snippet of code in the blindscan plugin shows what internal nims are supported. Neither the nims for the new Octagon or the new Zgemma H7 are in that list. Can it work without being in that list? I really do not know, but would say it is unlikely for internal tuners. That list is in there for a reason.

Now for the "hidden solution", or should we say the blindscan plugin that was alluded to earlier today. Take a look at this short video in the link.

Easy enough to post a video, but seems your friend lacks the skills to do that, or just simply does not want to admit that he is playing with you. At any rate there is a video in the above link that shows what happens on a receiver that does not support blindscan.

Wanna try a Zgemma H7? Your friend says it has blindscan too, yes? Please buy one and find out.
    In the past, XBMC Wizard has said they would ship to North America and they accept PayPal. Contact them and hopefully they will send you one. The H7 should be about 50 dollars less than the SF4008, depending on where you buy. The H7 and the second batch fo SF4008 are supposed be ready before the end of this month.
    XBMC Wizard is here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Whatever you choose, I hope you enjoy your new enigma2 receiver! EB

11. Likes ViP3R liked this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does autobouquetsmaker have to do with blindscan? I've read lots of crap throughout the years of having to do anything with E2 but this one takes the cake for sure!

13. Likes el bandido liked this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Guys
    I found this information:
    NEW: Driver (Driver) update Octagon SF4008 - 23.06.17

FTP to

/lib/modules/4.1.37/extra

and restart the box.

================================================== =============
    [ ReleaseNote ]

-. Tuner driver updated:
    -> LNA On / Off function added. (Low Noise Amplifier)
    . CI improved
    . CA improved
    . Run STB fixed.
    -. Unlug CI fix.
    -. Plug CI fix.
    -. Video stop fix.
    -. CA + CI use at same time fix.

================================================== =================

Code:

Regards.
    Chewie

15. Likes madmadworld liked this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A very short video was made available today that seems to suggest Kodi will be finished soon. My guess is within two weeks or less, some form of Kodi will be made available to the public. On or about July 11 is when Satshop.fi will have the SF4008 in stock again, so I sort of expect something nice to happen in the SF4008 image or firmware between now and July 11.

17. Thanks mountaineer, skink thanked for this post
  18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope so.

19. Thanks mountaineer thanked for this post