Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Tuner A could not be used like I wanted because it could receive APSK transponders, but could not play the APSK channels.
    I could never get my SF4008 to recognize the internal hard drive. I tried several.
    The LAN or Internet connection quit working or as intermittent. I used a wifi usb device instead.

All these little problems, plus the coding blunders made the SF4008 feel and act like a cheap Chinese box. I am beginning to think it was made in China. Who knows? It has no marks that state the country of manufacture.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Thanks eastof111, DaveLH, sideswiper thanked for this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Entry Level Vu+ Zero 4K was released around the first of 2018. It has a single tuner that is very similar to the Octagon SF4008. DVB-S2/DVB-S2X Blindscan was added to the Zero 4K around a month ago. Yesterday I logged my first DVB-S2X transponder in a Zero 4K blindscan .

Octagon was supposed to do what Vu+ has done! Octagon told us that blindscan was being worked and it would be added Over One Year Ago. Today, some people wonder if the next image that is loaded into their SF4008 will cause a bootloop? Others have picture or audio problems. Octagon says nothing and does nothing about these problems or issues. Octagon does not offer rs232 serial support or rs232 serial recoveries for the SF4008 or the SX88.

To say that I am disappointed with the SF4008 is an understatement. I have decided the best thing to do was to put my SF4008 on a shelf and let it sit. Maybe one day it will be something I want to use, but I am not real certain of that. Now I will turn my attention to other brands of fta receivers. I will be glad to try and help anyone that has an SF4008 issue, but as of today, I am no longer interested in looking for updates or solutions for the SF4008.

Best of Luck to anyone that is waiting for updates or blindscan for the SF4008.

4. Thanks eastof111, skink, DaveLH, sideswiper thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too feel your pain with the Octagon.It could have been a contender.

6. Thanks el bandido, DaveLH, eastof111, sideswiper thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The dumbest thing for a manufacturer to do is to promote hacking.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Pansat was smarter than this, but Dishnet still beat them in court.

The Octagon website even has Powervu pictures of AFN. Again, Dumbest thing I have seen...

POWER-VU WITHOUT STREAM-RELAY ON OCTAGON SF 4008

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, if you can't or won't provide the promised blind scan, give them another candy to hopefully appease the disappointed customer base until the next receiver is released. Agree, it is a stupid and a desperate move to generate $$, especially if it's needed to capitalize the new claimed receiver release. Then again, it could be an unauthorized individual that has had access to trusted information in the past.

Hopefully, PV will treat it as a customer base in decline and do nothing while Octagon will rectify its extreme mistake.

9. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido liked this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Powervu thread has been removed from the Octagon website along with almost everything pertaining to blindscan in the SF4008. Sicilian has this to say about Powervu and blindscan for the SF4008:
    Theres a bit more to the Octagon SF4008 than illegally accessing Powervu channels and Blindscan isn't even in the specs. Anyway thread closed, you've said your piece.
    Sicilian is a respected person, and rightly so. I figure what he is saying is there will not be a Sf4008 DVB-S2 blindscan. Not next week, not next month, and not next year.

Talk about SF4008 blindscan has ended on most other forums except one. It looks like chuckrcheese will save the day for Rick Caylor.
    Here is what chuckrcheese has to say about a blindscan that does not exist:
    Octagon is releasing it in july to the public. Hardware scan.
    Mine will not be released until everything is bug free.
    just an update .
    Cheers!!
    I hope they keep there word,
    If its an IPK I will post it here first
    but it may be in an image.
    I do not see this chuckrcheese guy doing anything except shilling for Rick. Octagon has told us many times that blindscan would be ready in a week or two, or around some certain date, but it has never appeared. There is nothing anywhere about a July Octagon blindscan that I can find except at Rick Caylor's website, and it is posted by a guy who seems clueless as to how enigma2 operates. Maybe Octagon will actually release a blindscan in July, and maybe chuckrcheese will release his own version of a blindscan that he claims to have? Most likely though, this is nothing more than another attempt to sell more SF4008's for Rick. It is pretty obvious by what he posts that the chuckrcheese person has no idea how enigma2 blindscan works.

11. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad they purged the post but still sad..... will have to wait a while longer for a 4k receiver that might replace the Duo2 four pnp tuner w/ blind scan and any other goodies the vendor might add. There seems to be nothing else on the horizon. Even the Chinese have slowed down, except for the android stbs.

Last year I was tempted to try out the Vu+ Ultimate 4K or Giga Blue 4k but both never answered my emails; so why bother with them. These companies seem to operate in a bubble mentality.

13. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    $284.00 For a SF4008 that has several different problems and no blindscan is not good either. Vu+ and Gigablue are supposed to have receivers with multiple DVB-S2X tuners and blindscan that will be released soon. Either one of these could possibly replace the Duo2. We will see...

I do not expect to buy anything else Octagon releases because I have had too much trouble from the SF4008.

15. Thanks ViP3R, eastof111 thanked for this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    New FTA receivers will be shown at Agna Com from June 12-14. Maybe something worthwhile will appear.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

17. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  18. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still no blindscan. Rick don't believe its gonna happen.