Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Elbandido can you report something for me, can you see if the tuner shows real time values when it is set to read from tuner? I am trying to make a report for Mutant!

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure!
    What exactly do you need?
    Describe what you want me to do.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post two screencaps on OpenPLI of this screen
    Info - Service - Blue button (Tuner state, tuner settings). I wanna see if the tuner state is updated, since Mutant shows only 10600 or 9750.

4. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found this post about a sf4008 booting issue:
    Originally Posted by ki6bu
    I think I found the issue, I did the above and now just got home from work. The receiver is still showing booting......
    I pulled the thumbdrive out and looked at the files on it. From what I remember doesn't the bootloader or kernel or whatever its called in the receiver decompress the rootfs.tar.bz2 file
    and create a rootfs folder with all its sub folders? Well there is no rootfs folder in either sf4008 or fullbackupsf4008.

chuckrcheese:
    Hi,
    I need to know what you did everything you put in it everything you tried and EVERY mod you did to the unit,
    Octagon stated its NOT hardware its a Software issue
    I recommended you not play with any files including the rootfs or even look at the files at all.

I have tried to recreate your error and cannot, deep standby

in every version of open8 from openeight-5.4-sf4008-20170420 to openeight-6.5-sf4008-20180226 and openatv openatv-5.3-sf4008-20170106 to openatv-6.1-sf4008-20180226 they all return to full operation with a simple reset of the rear power switch.
    the box loads and works.

and YES I have every image.

Logging the loading / boot process and internal board is stating that the CRC hex value is not valid preventing the box from accepting anything from loading any software.
    thereby bypassing the install of any old or new firmware and drivers.
    also refusing to load the OS that's missing the loading linuxtv thus not booting.

at this point all I see is something not being said about what was loaded to the unit and cannot make it happen to another unit.
    If you extracted the rootfs.tar.bz2 and then tried to recompress it then you played with fire and burned yourself.
    I know who is spreading these FALSE statements and is on other sites asking for help and the repair files this will not happen and I nor Octagon will ever release them to anyone.
    all information on this subject are known to Octagon Support and being closely watched.

anything you can add?

thsnks
    CRC
    The sf4008 has some booting issues, but there is no reason for a person to be talked to like this. The chuckrcheese person is both arrogant and stupid to write a reply such as this. He has no clue...

Is this the best Rick Caylor can do when there are receiver problems or issues? Little wonder people in North America have problems with enigma2 when they have replies such as this for support!

Remember: "all information on this subject are known to Octagon Support and being closely watched." LOL

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been following the SF4008 thread since Rick received his initial inventory. Chucky's initial posts were informative and since then has graduated to be Rick's mentor regarding the SF4008. And yes, rather uncivil at tines. But, Rick does not seem to have anyone to turn to for support. Especially not Octagon.

8. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no need to have an arrogant, idiotic, and blind person as your support. Professional Octagon sf4008 support is available from OpenATV or most of the other image groups. Rick can do what he wants. Just hate to see someone talked to like they are a dog.

Anyway, Time to move on...

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post

Thanks I'll send you a PM since I have more questions!

11. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Recently Octagon has released a new SX88+ and SX8 receiver models. This reminds me of some cheap Chinese companies where the solution to fix existing problems in receivers is to simply release a new model. The SX88+ fixes an audio codec in the SX88, and the SX8 is a very cheap fta receiver (under $50.00 U.S at retail).

No word from Octagon on fixing the SF4008, and the first quarter of 2018 is almost finished. My solution to get a DVB-S2x blindscan in the SF4008 was to purchase a new VU+ Zero 4K. I have completely given up hope that a DVB-S2 blindscan will ever be available for the SF4008, and will probably avoid purchasing any new Octagon products in the near future. My plan is to put the SF4008 in a storage closet once the Zero 4K arrives and forget about it unless something interesting happens.

13. Thanks eastof111 thanked for this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Octagon SF4008 is no longer scanning any channels, to cable that comes from the dish has plenty signal, change the cable any ways but still the same problem a and b tuners are not detecting the signal, changed the image on the flash and the same problem, I took the cover off and did not noticed and thing fry on the PCB, Oh well not a big lost, it just gives room for a future receiver, My Zero is working very good no hick-ups.
    You will like the zero.
    Regards.
    Chewie

15. Thanks el bandido, eastof111 thanked for this post