Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I think all fta receivers have bugs. Some just have more than others.

Yes, the SF4008 does have issues, but it also does some things really well too. Hopefully some of the SF4008 issues or bugs will get fixed.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think even China is taking a sabbatical from producing knockoffs and/or cheap receivers until the stb market finds or reinvents itself.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree.
    2017 was not a good year for fta receivers, and I do not see 2018 being any better.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    From OCTAGON support:
    we are waiting for ram issue improvement, there will be 2 driver versions for sf4008 in the future

- driver1: without kodi with more memory
    - driver2: with kodi
    Seems the plan now is to split the images into two groups? Probably the best thing they could do, considering most of the image issues started when Kodi was added.
    Last edited by el bandido; 01-31-2018 at 10:46 PM.

5. Thanks iccoldbeer thanked for this post
  6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too bad it took them so long to get a plan of action initiated. Guess they really like Kodi. I was hoping they would be leaking specs for the SF 4018 by now.

7. Likes iccoldbeer liked this post
  8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The SF5008 specs from Octagon should be released between now and the end of March. There will not be a 4018 Octagon model that I know of.
    Soon 1/6th of 2018 will be gone. Maybe the SF4008 will blindscan in 2019??? I am not interested in buying the next "Latest and Greatest FTA Receiver" from Octagon.
    The SF4008 was supposed to be a FTA receiver complete with a very sensitive tuner that can lock very low symbol rates and blindscan. It does not do either right now, so why should I believe anything Octagon says about a new, improved product?

I would like a good, solid FTA receiver. I do not want a half-baked glorified media box that also happens to receive the FTA satellites.
    Last edited by el bandido; 02-01-2018 at 11:37 AM.

9. Thanks filister, skink, iccoldbeer thanked for this post
    Likes Keith Brannen, Sublime liked this post
  10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some Octagon customers are getting mad and their posts are being deleted in the Octagon forum. This is not good for anyone. Here are a couple of examples that have been translated.

Sorry
    I think it will be nothing again
    with new drivers. Let's see what
    excuses exist again, (vacation in Asia)
    had already.
    Greeting digidalus
    When I paid 265 € for this box with Tdt, I never thought that I would have the serious problem of the ram and many others. If it's not resolved, I'll seriously file a lawsuit for misleading advertising at the Octagon, and now we're not going to have the right to express ourselves freely, so the octagon continues to sell more of those boxes and cheat more people, the downside is that this goes through the forums and you do not sell the decoder, you have to give it away, because nobody wants it ...

Ujua , Gestern um 17:06 Uhr
    ...Not good at all for anyone that owns this box.

Overall, the SF4008 is not as bad as it seems. It does work, but it just does not do everything that it should. I think what has hurt Octagon more than anything is releasing the SF4008 and advertising it to death. They promised things they have not been able to deliver. When Kodi was added, some things quit working, and they have been plagued with driver problems or issues.

For someone that has never had enigma2 receiver, the Octagon probably looks very impressive. But some people that have owned enigma2 boxes for years are not happy at all.

Expect a new Octagon model to be released soon...Wonder how it will be advertised?

11. Thanks ViP3R, iccoldbeer, mengram, eastof111 thanked for this post
  12. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I am not buying from these guys anymore, I am seriously thinking on getting the VU+ ZERO 4K, there has been a lot of activity at the OpenATV forum with new drivers not many complaints and it has blindscanm already.
    Regards.
    Chewie

13. Thanks el bandido, ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes iccoldbeer liked this post
  14. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not good when you start pushing the blame on someone else when your name is on the product. I do not see myself buying another Octagon either unless some major changes happen.

Look at this reply:
    OCTAGON support , Samstag um 15:55 Uhr
    undertaker

we only do what the developers promise us to do
    Sounds like Octagon is tired of Octagon. They seem to have lost interest in support of the SF4008 and the SX88. They are releasing new models, SF5008 I think, and new, improved models of the SX88. I guess they have limited time now for their year old products.

Let us know how the new Vu+ works out if you get it.

15. Thanks ViP3R thanked for this post
    Likes iccoldbeer liked this post
  16. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where Do We Go From Here?

Currently I would not recommend or suggest the purchase of the SF4009 to anyone in North America. At some point, this receiver may turn into something very usable for the North American Market, but right now the SF4008 is more or less just another enigma2 receiver without blindscan. The U.S seller of the SF4008 has not done anything to really support the SF4008 which is surprising since his profit margin on this receiver is very high (over 2 to one).

OpenPLi is making it easy to build images, and I have requested the SF4008 to be added to the list of receivers. Look in the link for more information on this.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    OpenPLi is not outright supporting the SF4008, but it should be possible next week to build an image for it yourself.

I will start customizing the images I download for the SF4008 before they are loaded into the receiver, and plan to build the OpenPLi image once it is added to the list in the link above. The image file for the SF4008 is fairly easy to customize anyway because the main file system is in rootfs.tar.bz2 format. This main tar file can be extracted so you can modify or add lamedb, settings, and many other files. The extracted files can be easily returned to rootfs.tar.bz2 format, and then loaded into any SF4008 receiver. So it is very easy to customize the SF4008 image where others can use it.

I also encourage the Octagon Company and their coders to get off their collective asses and fix this receiver.
    The reputation of Octagon has been damaged. I do not think the current condition of the SF4008 represents the overall support of Octagon as a manufacturer, but many of the SF4008 owners will probably never buy another Octagon product unless something good happens in the coding of the SF4008 very soon.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

17. Thanks chewie thanked for this post
    Likes 172, eastof111, skink liked this post